Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 270 Too Brutal For Deer????

270 Too Brutal For Deer????

"270 is a bit brutal for deer " is what i was told in the week after I spoke to sussex firearms licensing. No less brutal than my 308 I would have thought. Considering we have mainly fallow and boar what are your thoughts?? Mine is just how stupid are these people!!

ATB Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SussexFallow View Post
    "270 is a bit brutal for deer " is what i was told in the week after I spoke to sussex firearms licensing. No less brutal than my 308 I would have thought. Considering we have mainly fallow and boar what are your thoughts?? Mine is just how stupid are these people!!

ATB Steve
    thats utter crap , the .270 winchester is the maid of all deer work and thats a well known fact all over the world !

ATB Steve
    Oh no not another FEO who happens to be an expert on deer stalking and deer management NOT!! Having shot a 270 for the past 25 years I have taken all the species in the UK and many in Africa and they are talking absolute tosh.

Hope you are well Steve. Sorry I couldnt fit you in for Roe this season but I have imposed a strict management plan on them which is beggining to pay off. However if you fancy a go on the Sika in the West Country later in the year let me know.

ATB

Malc

ATB Steve
    Are sussex trying to stop you from putting a .270 on your ticket and is this what they said?

My goodness, these people are so far above their station its almost scary! I couldnt think of more suitable all rounder other than a 270 or 308, both will kill equally the same. When is someone going to bring these people back into the real world! Ive heard the same sort of crap over a 223 and a 243 the latter being to powerful for foxes! Jesus, its a laughing stock.

Another text book ( EXPERT )
    What do you think about us setting up a course to train FEO's
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

How astonishing! Is this really what Sussex FL think? If so, they plainly have no understanding of what calibre/cartridge combinations may be required or used in the deer management world.
    Sikadog's suggestion really doesn't seem far from what's required to ensure these numpty's are prevented from embarrassing themselves further.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

one of my feo has a 270 and shoots alot so a sensible human being me thinks . we seem to get to know all the feo's in northants or is it the cake they like ?they move areas like wanno

And your surprised?

It is Sussex we are talking about here. Is that moron //// still in charge? After all he is a well known fruit and nut job who it seems spends more time praying and mis-reading the Bible than working.

Oh yes I do believe it was///who declared there were No Boar in Sussex.
    Last edited by sikamalc; 04-06-2012 at 09:43. Reason: Naming FEO on open forum

ATB Steve
    Yes, the 270 is indeed a most pungent tool. I think that their problem with it though is that, in the wrong hands, it could quite easily actually kill a deer !