Portable Highseats

Mutley

Ordered a Panther pack from Bushwear yesterday as they told me over the phone they had them in stock, great. I got an email from them today saying they were now unable to supply it until September :mad:.
So, looking for a lightweight portable seat 3-3.5m. I know there is the X3M1, but the shooting rail looks a bit narrow, is there anything else out there?

I shoot off the Hercules high seat and would say its the best I have used.

"Hercules" is just what Seeland call their high-seat range. Are you referring to the HS1 folding seat that "looks like" the Bushwear Panther model but has a better seat back and comes with shoulder straps? If so, I agree they're good.

Mutley,

Sorry to hear there was a stocking "mix-up" at Bushwear. They're a good outfit, but they seem to have real problems keeping track of stock on most of their lines these days - I can't remember the last time I had an order with them that didn't involve delays on items described as "in stock". They are very good at soothing customers afterwards, but IMO they need to give some serious thought to how they might get it right first time, more of the time.

Anyway, if you want am HS1 they're available here. Until recently Uttings had them at an even better price so it might be worth dropping them a line too.

I have both Panther/Seeland and X3M1 types and find that the X3M1 has the edge on portability and usability, both in lean-to and free-standing modes. However the X3M1s are prone to rusting around the seat and shooting rail since these are steel and the powder coating used isn't very good at keeping the weather out.

HTH

Last edited:
Mr Gain yest that's the one i thought that was there only fully portable model any way i got it for 175 UTTINGS. The flex in the shooting rial is taken away with two stabilizers that you push forward .For a portable its as good as they get .What you have with you is all you need no add ons needed. I use it in the towns and take it and remove it the same outing.

Cant reccomend the X3M1 portable high seat enough. Great product and the good thing is you dont need the extension unlike the panther. I am a big chap and dont find the rail too narrow.It is up and down in seconds. Just be carefull that as with any high seat you secure it in a steady position before ascending the ladder.The shooting rail is rock steady unlike some on the market.Got mine from Swillington shooting supplies.
Ordered a Panther pack from Bushwear yesterday as they told me over the phone they had them in stock, great. I got an email from them today saying they were now unable to supply it until September :mad:.
So, looking for a lightweight portable seat 3-3.5m. I know there is the X3M1, but the shooting rail looks a bit narrow, is there anything else out there?

Last edited:
**** so did i just checked ( Swillington shooting supplies) WIFE GOT ME IT FOR CHRISTMAS AND GOT THE SAME DEAL AS EBAY.

Thanks for all the replies guy's, very helpful. I have just received and email from Bushwear (part of below), apparently it was in stock, I am confused, was in stock at point of telephone order, then out of stock and non due to September, now, being delivered Thursday????? Some run around. Anyway, I will stick with it and hopefully it will turn up.

Thank you for contacting BushWear. I can confirm with you that the Panther Deal is completely in stock. It will be due to leave us on Wednesday which will be the first day the post runs after the Bank Holiday. This will be with you on Thursday with a courier services City-Link. You will receive a confirmation and a tracking number for this parcel on the day it is collected.

You will have received am email stating that the Cub is out of stock. this will be as we have them transferred to our Stirling shop from our Perth Shop. The computer would have thought this to be the case before they arrived. This will be happening today when my college is doing a collection from Perth today.YI am sorry for any confusion caused. We have not charged you as of yet, and will not until the goods are in the post in accordance with our 'Pay as it goes' policy. Please let me know if you still no longer require these items. If so they will be with you on the first possible opportunity to be there with the Holiday. If you would like to talk to me further you are more than welcome to call me on 01786 450 404.

As for the Flex, I had ordered 2 extra rail clamps as well and will make a couple of longer stays that support the rail further along, this should sort the flex and will only take a couple of mins to fit each time.

Cheers

Back