Savage rifles

tikka 3006

Hello all was thinking of getting the savage 93r17 bsev or the trrsr was wondering does anyone know what they are like as regards accuracy build quality etc. all advice would be grateful

I have had a 93r17 bsev for about 12 months and had a btv before that and have no complaints.
Simon

Hello all was thinking of getting the savage 93r17 bsev or the trrsr was wondering does anyone know what they are like as regards accuracy build quality etc. all advice would be grateful

I would suggest you try it before you part with your cash?

I own a Savage in 7mm-08 which (with a trigger tweak - even with the Accutrigger) is superb, as was a 22-250 Savage I used to own BUT several years ago I bought a new 93R17 and have owned more accurate watering cans.

A real piece of sh1te and it quickly went back for a full refund before I bought an Anschutz (which also did not last long in my cabinet).

Just to quantify - I really do not like the 17HMR. Over hyped, very wind sensitive and seems to promote some silly shooting. Just my opinion.

I have a Savage Striker pistol built on a left handed 93 action. Mine is a 22WMR and is superbly accurate. In fact, years ago when Marlin ran a customer/shooter's Forum attached to their website, there were some displaced Savage users there. One was a Las Vegas police officer who participated in a comp site called "Prooveit" where shooters posted their 100M groups. Like an electronic postal match. His largely-stock Savage bolt 22WMR rifle won the comps with an average of six consecutive, 5 shot groups that measured .446" at 100M. His smallest group was in the low .3's. This was using Federal FMJ 40 grain. Yes. Savage rifles shoot, at least in 22WMR.~Muir

Back