Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: re syndicate places

re syndicate places

Could I please ask that if you are advertising syndicate places, and you are not interested in local boys - please state so at the first instance. Saves time wasting

I c ould'nt agree more,but more interestingly would like to know what the problem is???
    Anybody prepared to stick thier neck out and give a few reasons why local stalkers are so obviously unsuitable as syndicate members in thier own locality?????

NELL

Oh well here goes, neck well stuck out.
    It could be to do with, being local, you may be on the ground more than the syndicate leader wants you to be !!
    Actually, being local is better because you can be on hand to do any work needed and in a better position to keep an eye on the ground too .

Nell

I will assume it is because there is an increased likelyhood of a local stalker being prepared to buy out the shooting from the landowner.

If you have to travel for some distance, you are potentially less likely to 'steal' or abuse the stalking.

Rgds Ian

What happened to that old word TRUST????
    Local knowledge and knowledge of locals has got to be a good thing????
    A simple txt to the boss when your going on the ground should be enough to let the syndicate members that thier TRUST is not being abused???

NELL

Quote Originally Posted by nell
    What happened to that old word TRUST????
    NELL
    Bitter experience of the lengths that folks go to, and the deceit that they are capable of, can be sufficient to make a lease-holder take the easy option!

Rgds Ian

Davie
    Ian that works both ways i know more syndicate captains that abuse there members more than anything else. James Clark asked me to book him in 6 chaps off my site so he could take clients out.It was only later i found out he had ten members pay hundreds of pounds for the same ground. They didn't have a clue this was going on. Now this is just one instance of many. Is it not fair to say that booking in is the biggest rip off on the planet. I was a member of a syndicate for 3 years and none of us ever had to phone each other. 3 members lived local and one about 100 miles away the chap 100 miles away shot more deer than the other members but because its forestry that was the name of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Davie
    James Clark asked me to book him in 6 chaps off my site so he could take clients out.It was only later i found out he had ten members pay hundreds of pounds for the same ground.
    I don't know the guy concerned, but the story is a very familiar one and does go on alot...And as suggested, very often the first give away of the syndicate captain real intentions is when they stipulate no locals and that you must check in first..

If the syndicate is only a small one, you soon get to smell a rat, but if the syndicate has say a dozen members, its much easier for the scam to be carried out undetected...

SYNDICATES

My idea of a syndicate is when a group of like minded people get together to "share" a piece of stalking, each member paying the same amount and nobody getting their stalking for nothing.I was a member of a syndicate with James Clark where this did not happen and a extra member appeared without consultation also paying guests(some would call them clients) would be on the ground at the prime times,as they say in my neck of the woods "i woulnt trust him with a crows nest"

It all sounds very familiar to me. Having been taken for a similar ride some years ago I would not now consider joining a syndicate unless it was formed with old friends who I know and trust.