Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beautiful Dumfries

Beautiful Dumfries

Just spent the weekend in Dumfries making sure the flat we own and tenet were all ok. Its been 3 and a bit years since my other half moved down to Leicestershire to be with me and I've not set foot there in all that time. I used to head up there every other weekend. I always went on a Wednesday night and stalk for 2 day before sending the weekend with her.
    I was in the prosess of selling my house and move up to the boarders but her job went pear shaped and move down. It was only ment for a short while.
    But since then a few thing changed and still down here. Which brings me to my point. Big sky lots of green fields and trees. That was the first thing that hit me. Second I missed it. Not saying dumfries is the best place in the world but this weekend I could sell up and move back to where I should have gone 3 years ago.
    The country side is stunning along with sun wind and rain. Felt at home with my Scottish wife and ween out up Maybee forest. Then we had to leave. All the way home i struggled to keep my eyes on the road. Looking for deer and checking out the land. Now in Thirsk visiting inlaws nice part of the world.
    But Dumfrieshire has captured my heart again and realised it wasn't just the a woman I fell in love with.
    Any one who live in this area of the world is truely blessed
    A depressed stalker
    Andrew

I live and work here bud, nice scenery especially up in the mabie forest.

Being a city boy what always gets to me when I visit our stalking ground near Dumfries is just how dark it gets on a night, and how many stars there really are up there!! Beautiful part fo the world agreed, but is does rain alot!

Buckbones you were only 2 miles from me , you should have given me a shout
    i would have taken you out walk
    Zeiss Pro Stalker and Agent for Starlght Night Vision

Quote Originally Posted by mudman View Post
    Being a city boy what always gets to me when I visit our stalking ground near Dumfries is just how dark it gets on a night, and how many stars there really are up there!! Beautiful part fo the world agreed, but is does rain alot!
    It's a hot spot for Stargazers Mudman and has been for many years, :http://www.dgstandard.co.uk/galloway...1311-30984473/

but as you say does tend to get more than it's fair share of rain during the winter months.

Rgds, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Well next time I'm up I'll give you a shout.
    Always up for a wonder.
    Thank you for the kind offer.
    Andrew

I live in northern Ireland and have been to Dumfries stalking with Colin aka Solwaystalker and I know exactly what you mean it truly is a beautiful place

Jim

I grew up there, went to away to Uni in the city but miss it now. Its an awesome place.

This is what I likeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3293.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	664.4 KB 
ID:	16081 about Dumfries.

Dumfries is a wonderful and beutifull place and I love it But it has 2 problems the rain and the midges
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY