Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamping deer

Lamping deer

Can we call shooting deer with a lamp at night stalking or is it extermination like the fc rangers/contractors do.

Its about as far removed from stalking as you could possibly get IMO. No observation of deer to determine suitable beasts. Its a case of every and any beast seen gets shot simply to reduce numbers as much as possible. I have done it a fair bit in the past and no doubt will have to again in the future.

An unpleasant necessity is how I would describe it.

This should be locked and banished to the vaults. It won't end well.

I never knew deer were lamped I'm shocked!!!!!!!!

Not stalking but culling where if needed its another tool in the box.
    Deer pressured will become nocturnal therefore in certain areas night shooting after all other means have been exhausted is a neccesary evil

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

In England and Wales it's nigh on impossible to get a licence to shoot deer without the normal "one hour before sunrise to one hour after sunset".

It's not stalking, as stated above, but it is a valid, and valuable, method of controlling numbers where no other option exists.

I know of only a very few places where night culling is regularly licenced in England. All of those are royal deer parks that have roads running through them and public access during the day, making daytime shooting impossible.

Whats the issue ?
    Not all deer shooting is sporting stalking. Plenty is pest control. Try telling a plantation owner that you would rather Stalk the deer that are inside his fence eating young trees, and perhaps take an age to shoot a problem deer , rather than get a licence and lamp them.

Pest control is not always sport.

lamping deer at night is a big NO NO..

Deer have always been Nocturnal the fact that you see them sometimes during the day is because they need to feed to stop themselves gassing. You will always see more deer in the lamp. I feel it will be the tool all will use soon enough. Its the first tool out of the bag in the public sector and i am sure the private sector will follow as they have always done.
    Question is it deer stalking the answer is no! But it is an easy tool to use if finances and time are not on your side.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by matt_hooks View Post
    In England and Wales it's nigh on impossible to get a licence to shoot deer without the normal "one hour before sunrise to one hour after sunset".

It's not stalking, as stated above, but it is a valid, and valuable, method of controlling numbers where no other option exists.

I know of only a very few places where night culling is regularly licenced in England. All of those are royal deer parks that have roads running through them and public access during the day, making daytime shooting impossible.
    As Matt says.

I have been there and tried to get permission to do it under strict control and I got the total run around for about 6 weeks more hoops to jump through than i have ever come across, I was told by some of this fine forums members that i would not get it,

AND THEY WHERE ALL CORRECT.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube