Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you had to choose

If you had to choose

Hello all
    Just wondering if you had to choose any of the five following hmr's which would it be and why
    Browning t bolt
    Czech 455 thumb hole or American
    Savage 93r17 bsev
    Sako quad
    Anshutz 1517

The CZ in .22 WMR!

Anshultz - for the build quality and reliability.
    I'm telling Captain - from the Wee'est of men.

Sako Quad Varmint - build quality, reliabilty, switch-barrel, accurate and lovely wood.

Quad.
    So when you realise the HMR is overpriced to the point of being a centre fire in cost and not the Star Wars laser everyone makes it out to be, then you can swap the barrel for something cheaper to feed and better for Uk quarry

Sako Quad! Lovely little gun, I've got a t bolt even the dealer said go for a quad but I knew better! Wish I listened now! T bolt does the job though they all do.... But on reflection the quad is better quality.

On the other hand though depending on your budget CZ but using the saving on better glass?!?!

CZ is what i would go for...reliable, and a decent little rifle..plus go for 1 in 22WMR.

The full-size stock on the Sako Quad makes it very well balanced and lovely to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Virbius View Post
    Sako Quad Varmint - build quality, reliabilty, switch-barrel, accurate and lovely wood.
    Another vote for the Quad, one reason was I used to have a Sako Finnfire which was a fantastic rifle, so opted for another Sako, with the wooden stock.

I shoot a Cz , in .17 and I think it's great but if budgets not a problem it's got to be the sako . It's awesomely accurate and really well finished . I don't rate the anshutz at all .