If you had to choose

tikka 3006

Hello all
Just wondering if you had to choose any of the five following hmr's which would it be and why
Browning t bolt
Czech 455 thumb hole or American
Savage 93r17 bsev
Sako quad
Anshutz 1517

Sako Quad Varmint - build quality, reliabilty, switch-barrel, accurate and lovely wood.

Quad.
So when you realise the HMR is overpriced to the point of being a centre fire in cost and not the Star Wars laser everyone makes it out to be, then you can swap the barrel for something cheaper to feed and better for Uk quarry

Sako Quad! Lovely little gun, I've got a t bolt even the dealer said go for a quad but I knew better! Wish I listened now! T bolt does the job though they all do.... But on reflection the quad is better quality.

On the other hand though depending on your budget CZ but using the saving on better glass?!?!

The full-size stock on the Sako Quad makes it very well balanced and lovely to handle.

I shoot a Cz , in .17 and I think it's great but if budgets not a problem it's got to be the sako . It's awesomely accurate and really well finished . I don't rate the anshutz at all .

The CZ cracking little hedgerow gun, will take a real beating and clean up well, you will be better off buying the cheaper rifle and looking for a good sight to go with it. If you watch this site you might see something like a second hand hungian? S&B come up, they can be really cheap for what they are.

I have a CZ455 Thumbhole in 17HMR and a much older CZ452 in 22WMR.

I love that old WMR, but I bloody hate the 17hmr. I am not sure if it is the rifle or the round, but I will shift it whenever I can get my arse motivated to do something.

I am going to move a good Swaro scope onto the HMR for a week or two to see if I can learn to like this thing, but I seriously doubt it. I can't think of a damn thing that the HMR can do that I could not do better with the 222rem.

I keep thinking about an Anschutz carbine in 22LR, makes a lot of sense just now.

Or try a Weihrauch? I have a hw60 in .22 and a hw66 .17HMR target hunter (the one with the target stock) and I think they are both lovely although I prefer the HW66 (I would its about £200 more!!) they are cracking. I have had Anschutz and CZ before and I think the weihrauch are a superior package and the wood-word is beautiful too.

Cz every time. Had one dropped it couple of times and still never missed a beat. Really accurate and cheap as a rimmy should be. I wouldn't spend much on a rimmy get a .22 magnum and better scope.

Back