Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rambling on at 0340

Rambling on at 0340

Local this morning just a few miles from home so a LATE start.
    Are roe buck hunters MAD?, its 0344 and Have had an extra 15 minutes in bed, Breeze is in the truck and i'm on my second cuppa, normally just arriving on the ground now.
    Still a few weeks to the longest day.
    Don't think we are crazy this morning looks set to be sunny, but when the rain was dropping and the wind was NE last week probably was a bit of madness there.
    Anyway now 0351 and time I was backing out the drive.
    Last edited by www.yorkshireroestalking.; 05-06-2012 at 11:19.

mate, I can top that. Just in from stalking up north and there's a beast is in the trailer, didn't start travelling home til midnight after the drag to track and fanny about going to get the wheels. Whay!

we used to leave at 10pm to drive to the river Brora (4-5hrs away) in July so we could start fishing for the summer salmon and grilse as soon as it was light enough the following morning. I can't even manage the drive back now at the finish of the holiday on the Saturday night without half a dozen layby stops on the A9 for a power nap!

I do take my hat off to you roe buck stalkers. I dont think id bother going to sleep if I had to stalk evening through to morning!!

ATB Steve

Last week I left home at midnight, met Glen at 0250 and we were of stalking, mad? most definitely

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

its the wifes i take my hat off too as well, if you do it x.many times week as a job of work ,its them who have to get the kids up ,dogs fed ,breakfast on ect
    well done the wifes lonely life during the bucks .

Had the last two weekends off but been decorating the new house so not been idle, and taking bookings for the winter. Back at it on the bucks a week this thursday and then through to the end of July. Before a short break and then back until the end of August.

I have to say the furhter north you are with the Roe it is a killer at this time of year. Have some Spaniards and Finnish clients over for the rut, and am keeping a stonker I have seen for my Finnish friend. Saw the buck about 3 weeks ago , with Gelert off the site. Might even push gold, heres hopeing we get him in a few weeks time

Now where did I put that paint brush!!!

Stop moaning christ you think you were made to do these things. When you are old and done you can relax in the facts you have stole many years day light and time extra from mear mortals

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Stop moaning christ you think you were made to do these things. When you are old and done you can relax in the facts you have stole many years day light and time extra from mear mortals
    Great reply well put, you do feel kind of special out at these early times in the morning when no one else is about.

Moose
    Last edited by moose; 05-06-2012 at 08:03.

I made use of the full moon on Sunday night to try get a look at a big single
    boar thats feeding at one of my seats , in the seat at 8.30pm not a thing seen
    then back out seat and on to roe at 4am , (got a nice 6 pointer) , stopped to check
    feeding area on way back only to find all the food gone and big pig prints
    Zeiss Pro Stalker and Agent for Starlght Night Vision