Mauser M03 Extreme

Fenlander

I'm thinking of buying a .308 for lowland stalking of reds and Fallow. Do any of you have any expereince with the Mauser M03 Extreme? Or does anyone else have a different preference with regards to Make or calibre of rifle?

¨Bought a M03 in .308 last year. I have the extreme model. A great rifle that shoots very well. I like mine very much. I have the short barrel on mine. Only slight down side is that it is a heavy rifle.

Fenlander, may I ask what price Open Season Ltd is quoting you for the M03 Extreme? I'm in the market for a new switch-barrel rifle.

None, sadly, but prices have certainly shot up since Beechwood Equipment lost the distribution to Open Season Ltd.

mauser mo3

friday cant come quickly enough for me,collecting my extreme .308 from francis lovels in witney . drive back to cambs on friday ,zero rifle on saturday , stalking on sunday &monday, cant wait.

Enjoy that M03 extreme. Resighted mine for the range and will be shooting the first running moose competition with it on Saturday.

Mauser in .308

¨Bought a M03 in .308 last year. I have the extreme model. A great rifle that shoots very well. I like mine very much. I have the short barrel on mine. Only slight down side is that it is a heavy rifle.

How are you getting on with this?

I am thinking of .308 MO3 Extreme in Standard barrel plus ATEC CMM 4 Moderator plus Kahles 1.5 6x42 CSXL scope. Plan is to do high seat deer in East Anglia and boar in Italy. Bit concerned about weight issues on Mauser rifles?

Views anyone?

I'm very pleased with my standard M03 in .308, not my most accurate rifle, but still shoots 3/4 MOA with 150g Bts. I haven't found the weight an issue, although it did concern me before I bought. Having done far too much research on the web I went in to the shop to get a Blaser, was seduced by a nice piece of wood, and came out with a rifle with no plastic bits. I also really like being able to carry it around un-cocked and the ability to open the bolt with the rifle safe. .308 is a great calibre but I'm now having to get another barrel as I want to shoot in France and they don't allow military calibres - maybe something to consider?

Last edited:
Back