Mike Norris

sir-slots-alot

I wanted to say a huge thanks to Mike Norris for sorting the problems I had with my new 243 :)

Background info
I have recently had two rifles re-barreled by a so called custom rifle builder. :-|

The first rifle is a 204 R - the other is a 243. Both rifles are fitted with Pacnor tubes. Both rifles had serious issues which affected both the accuracy and safety of the rifle.
This was down to the pi55 poor quality of work by the original rifle builder. ( I cannot say much more as this time as this saga is still ongoing ) :mad:

Despite leaving the 204 with the original rifle builder for a week or so - when asked, had he looked at the riflle - His reply was " Too buzy - Not had time mate "

I contacted Mike Norris last Saturday morning - What a difference " Bring it straight down here and I will sort it " - I spent most of saturday afternoon with Mike watching him work and inspect every part of the rifle.

The mans work is fantastic - a perfectionist and true craftsman that had time to sort somebody elses cock ups out.
I only wish I had gone to him first and saved myself alot of money and stress.

Thanks
Alan

i went to mike after going down similar path he explained where the other gunsmith had made a 8alls of my rifle then he put it right he made an excellent job of it and it shoots fantastic top bloke!

Bloody hell alan what happened

Quite happy to let anyone interested know the details - These rifles where not just in-accurate but also had serious safety issues - I am very angry to say the least.

Mike Norris seemed shocked that rifles in this conditon could leave a custom rifle builders workshop.

ATB
Alan

Quite happy to let anyone interested know the details - These rifles where not just in-accurate but also had serious safety issues - I am very angry to say the least.

Mike Norris seemed shocked that rifles in this conditon could leave a custom rifle builders workshop.

ATB
Alan

alan give us a ring when you got 5. sorry i missed your call this morning. i left my phone on silent :doh:

ATB
Alan
Alan. I think we would all like to know the details. Can you have a think about how and when you can update this thread? Or ask the man concerned for a statement to post on his behalf?
Regards JCS

If serious safety issues are coming out of someones shop,................... people need to be brought up to date, for the chance to avoid a bad job going "Ti** up"

Yes I think so too.

2 rifles tested by Mike Norris in front of myself and a friend had serious issues with head space.
This was born out by having serious pressure marks on my 243 cases even though I was using a starting load.

I am visiting Mike on Friday to have the third rifle checked over as this too will not group. ( thats will be 3 out of 3 rifles having serious workmanship issues )

ATB
Alan

I don't think I've known anyone have a rifle without problems from that outfit. At least you know they have been properly sorted now.

Talk about not having a lot of luck with these builds Alan, you had problems with your 22/250 at first did'nt you?

I hope they all end up sorted.

Just a thought but I was under the impression that the proof house were supposed to check headspace prior to proofing?

Last edited:
Good point BBRC, the PH should check with Go / NO Go guage before proof firing...

Still be interested in who made the rifles, Normally a custom build would be built to pretty fine tolerances, considering the cost involved one would expect good work.

Mike built my custom 7mm Rem Mag (not for me but for the previous owner) and its an amazing piece of kit. Top man.

6MM BR,

Apologies if you're the wrong bloke, but is your B&N 7mm Rem Mag a Remmy 700 action with a 30 inch stainless Kreiger Barrel and an AICS stock. Mine went to a bloke in Devon and I've wondered how it's getting on.

Cheers,

Bob

Hi, yep thats the one, i spoke to Mike norris and he assured me that it is fitted with a Bartlein barrel as i talked to him about it just after i bought it? It sure shoots well, i have shot 2.5" groups out to just over 600 yards with it off the Bi-Pod whilst messing about with a friend on his farm.

Last edited:
Back