Unwanted telephone calls

Have got to agree they certainly make me feel like that although I'm not quite so forcefull :lol:.

Like it! Subscribe to the TPS(telephone prefrance scheme), that makes it illegal for crap calls!

Like it! Subscribe to the TPS(telephone prefrance scheme), that makes it illegal for crap calls!
How do you do that once did something similar on line and it slowed em down a bit but didn't stop em altogether.

It helps with unsolicited calls but if you are a customer the legislation allows a supplier to call you even if you are TPS registered. :(

If you use your home number as a business contact it is also advisable to register with Corporate TPS (CTPS) - http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/whatiscorporatetps.html .

Sadly, neither stops the buggers from abroad getting through. For those nasty little so-and-sos -

1. Let them get into their stride then ask them to hang on for a minute while you answer the door. Give it a minute or so then tell them you won't be long. Keep doing that for a while, drawing out the waiting period every time then, if they're still there after ten minutes say "Right then. Sorry about that. Please continue." Let them start and quietly hang up.

2. Just say "yes" to their questions. Its amazing how long they carry on.

3. Speak Welsh. That really freaks them out!

If you use your home number as a business contact it is also advisable to register with Corporate TPS (CTPS) - http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/whatiscorporatetps.html .

Sadly, neither stops the buggers from abroad getting through. For those nasty little so-and-sos -

1. Let them get into their stride then ask them to hang on for a minute while you answer the door. Give it a minute or so then tell them you won't be long. Keep doing that for a while, drawing out the waiting period every time then, if they're still there after ten minutes say "Right then. Sorry about that. Please continue." Let them start and quietly hang up.

2. Just say "yes" to their questions. Its amazing how long they carry on.

3. Speak Welsh. That really freaks them out!

I like your thinking! It often throws them if you ask them what they are having for tea. They get very flustered as it throws them out of their sales patter but I take great pleasure in telling them they have disturbed mine but not in a nice way!

so good i had to watch it twice and im still laughing now, had the *******s phoning up today telling my missis that there was a malware problem but if she was to start up the computer they could talk her throught what to do they got the sort of response that i get when i try romancing her to bed after ive had a skin full of beers

so good i had to watch it twice and im still laughing now, had the *******s phoning up today telling my missis that there was a malware problem but if she was to start up the computer they could talk her throught what to do they got the sort of response that i get when i try romancing her to bed after ive had a skin full of beers
Funnilly enough had that one half an hour ago, when I told them we don't have a computer he didn't quite know what to say.My thoughts were if they can tell porkies so can I :lol:.

Funnilly enough had that one half an hour ago, when I told them we don't have a computer he didn't quite know what to say.My thoughts were if they can tell porkies so can I :lol:.

I've had them ring me from India at work (IT) with his one. I played along with them until the end when I told them that I was responsible for the company's IT security and rather than downloading their malware I intended to track them down... I thought he would hang up sharpish but he actually asked me for a job! Full marks for trying I suppose! :lol:

I just hang up on them. They have a living to make, so I don't think it's fair to waste their time. I have friends who have at various desperate points in their lives had to resort to call centre work, and they know how unpopular they are. They are only doing a job, and often one that they'd really rather they weren't. It's a soul destroying job, and the pay is poor. Most of their money is in bonuses, so if you aren't going to buy then the fairest thing to do is just to hang up. No need to say anything, just hang up. That way they can get on to the next call and have a crack at reaching their targets.

Of course, the O/S scammer type calls are a different matter. Waste as much of their time as possible. Let them think that you are playing along, and start asking really stupid questions. The trick is to make them stupid, but without being over the top, so that they are on the limit of believability, but are still on the right side of it.

You can have all sorts of fun with them!

Try the old "who are you Caller ?"

Are you xxx ?

"No, I'm Detective Sergeant Grimm from the murder squad. What exactly is your relationship with the deceased?"

Tends to have their database updated.

Stan

Back