Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daftest advice from an "Expert"?

Account Suspended

Daftest advice from an "Expert"?

Following on from the .270 win being too brutal for deer and other such daft statements, what's your favourite "Expert" advice?

I don't intend that this should just be seen as an opportunty to lampoon our dedicated licensing officers either. There's a wide world of wacky advice to choose from.

So, let's see your best ones.

my F.A.O said i could have one no problem as a first centrefire! i was turned down for the .308 i asked for. but after reading on here, many people use them.

An RFD told me that the 50gr .224" V-Max I was trying to buy was not suitable for me as my rifle was a 222rem and needed smaller bullets.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

F.E.O. #"You want a variation for what"!!, A .223 for Geese!!?.............." but there would be nothing to pick up"!............. reply, "I dont want to eat them, I just need to shoot them"!,............. "Please go and look at Central Science Labs statement that .223 is the calibre for the job"!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    "I dont want to eat them, I just need to shoot them"!
    Well OK, but if you're going to kill them, you may as well do it in a way that allows someone else to eat them...

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    Well OK, but if you're going to kill them, you may as well do it in a way that allows someone else to eat them...
    ok!, So we need someone like that guy on Man vs Food do we?......... How many could you eat?.................. visualise a very nice pasture,........... then populate it with sh*t machines. At the risk of derailing a perfectly good thread, "About expert advice"... do you also have conflict, with the evidence produced by C.s Lab?
    Last edited by finnbear270; 06-06-2012 at 14:39.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Thats a Canada goose you've just shot, good eating them!!!!!!!!!!!
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

They are OK if you just recover the breast meat, ....... anyways, BACK to the original lead on this thread "Expert Advice???"

anything from my local NHS GP practice really

Quote Originally Posted by Tamus View Post
    Following on from the .270 win being too brutal for deer and other such daft statements, what's your favourite "Expert" advice?

I don't intend that this should just be seen as an opportunty to lampoon our dedicated licensing officers either. There's a wide world of wacky advice to choose from.

So, let's see your best ones.

on asking if they kept 7mm08 loads,
    I was told we dont keep anything bigger than a .308.

my feo told me a .22rf wont kill foxes, really they dont seem to know that.