Thread: .308 RCBS dies wanted?

.308 RCBS dies wanted?

Evening lads,

Moving up to .308 loads shortly, just looking for dies etc. The dies must be RCBS (seating die, full length die, neck sizer die).

Also looking for unfired Lapua brass and Hornady heads.

Regards

Carl.

Just curious, any reason why the dies must be RCBS?

So you want Hornady heads on Lapua cases - how are you going to weld them together ? Or do you mean that you are looking for Hornady bullets.
    Last edited by 8x57; 06-06-2012 at 22:15.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Lol, terminology needs tweaking here, yes i mean bullets or projectiles! Do you have .308 dies which aren't RCBS?

PS - Your signature statement is so correct.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Just curious, any reason why the dies must be RCBS?

So you want Hornady heads on Lapua cases - how are you going to weld them together ? Or do you mean that you are looking for Hornady bullets.

Yes my dies are a complete mix of makes. I only buy standard dies myself and don't buy best quality or competition dies. My preference is probably for RCBS but am happy to use other makes also and especially appreciate the convenience of Lee collet dies for reloading some calibres. I was just wondering if you thought that because you may have an RCBS press it was necessary to only use RCBS dies, some people actually believe this to be the case.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

My .308 dies are Lee and ones which another club member passed on to me many years ago as they were not good enough for his competition rifles. He brought some expensive dies I believe that was back in 1993. they cam loose no box and i keep saying I will get a new set but just never seem to around to it . They are obviously worn out as you can see from this photo:-

The bottom group was shot prone at 75 metre on Reepham Moor range using a cheap P-H 1100 lwt fitted with a period Nikko Sterling Special 4x32 scope with German Tri post reticle using Hornady 130 grain SP bullets.

The top three holes ringing in biro were an old load made up for another rifle trial using the Speer 200 grain semi spitzer bullet. The P-H really didn't like them and looking back I loaded them to try in 1999 so they had been laying in the cabinet for quite while . Perhaps the dies will do a bit longer .

Like 8x57 the dies I have are of differing makes. Have RCBS, Lee, Redding and possibly some Lyman................... Hmm I have not seen them for some while...................... wonder where they are?

Full set of unused (New)Lee .308 dies, complete with Lee Cutter stem (for case length cutting) & a caseholder with lockstud. for sale.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Full set of unused (New)Lee .308 dies, complete with Lee Cutter stem (for case length cutting) & a caseholder with lockstud. for sale.
    Hi:

Are these dies still available?

If so, which set is it and how much?

Thanks!