Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: most affordable way to complete level 2

most affordable way to complete level 2

Hi folks,

I am just about to sit my level 1 and once completed hope to complete my level 2 as soon as possible.

I don't want to sound like a tight a**e but, times are tough at the moment. I am wondering what is the most affordable way of completing the level 2 portfolio.

cheers

the cheapest way is on the does as you wont have trophy fees to pay or if you have your own ground have an aw come to you i am just starting mine so want to get it done this year, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

you can think of it like this, be wary of false economy

If you spend a couple of days at say muntjac and bash a fair few you might find that spending the money compared to lots of petrol and days here and there trying to get cheap does will probly do you favour.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLY View Post
    Hi folks,

I am just about to sit my level 1 and once completed hope to complete my level 2 as soon as possible.

I don't want to sound like a tight a**e but, times are tough at the moment. I am wondering what is the most affordable way of completing the level 2 portfolio.

cheers
    Please dont take this the wrong way.

Its great you are taking your Level 1, and then planning Level 2. But make sure you are prepared for Level 2. If you have only grassed a few deer your portfolio might be questioned, it is not mearly taking 3 deer.

Level 2 is you being able to forfill all the criteria to shoot a selected cull animal field dress it, extract it and prepare it in the larder and be competent in all of it. You must then answer a series of questions by the AW and be signed off.

I have had a number of people over the past 3 to 4 years who were not ready, so to save you time and money, make sure you have the experience before taking Level 2, it is not just a process to collect another piece of paper.

Good luck

When you are ready just as sikamalc said, you could consider Jelens package... But I can't agree more than making sure you are ready. It would be more costly to attempt it only to be asked to come back!!!

If you are in invernesshire then get booked on to a hinds weekend you will easy get your three and enjoy it also. But the lads are correct lev1 is not the passage to sit lev to just the knowledge to start the process of working towards it. GOOD LUCK

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    If you are in invernesshire then get booked on to a hinds weekend you will easy get your three and enjoy it also. But the lads are correct lev1 is not the passage to sit lev to just the knowledge to start the process of working towards it. GOOD LUCK
    I agree completely with 6pointer . . . . . Book a few days at the hinds, treat it as a learning exercise, listen to the stalker, get him to talk you through everything he is doing, learn all your lymph nodes outside in then find them on the beast. Read best practise as you may be questioned on it. Don't jump from L1 straight into L2 without lots of practise . . . . I had two years syndicate stalking between L1 and L2. You have three years to complete it so enjoy it and don't rush it. You will learn more that way.

Try and agree a fix cost for the AW not depening on how many visits just till you stalk and shoot 3

DJC

Quote Originally Posted by DJC View Post
    Try and agree a fix cost for the AW not depening on how many visits just till you stalk and shoot 3

DJC
    Thats an interesting idea DJC, can you recomend any AW's that are willing to do this and how much do they charge? JC

Depending where you live you can drop me a PM and we can sort something out for after Christmas if you are interested.