Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beheading in Tunisia

Beheading in Tunisia

I was sent a link from an article posted online, basically depicting the beheading of a young Tunisian man who converted to Christianity. The video is EXTREMELY graphic and it spares no detail. I shall not post the link here, as it really serves no purpose. I would like to know though what your thoughts are. The first thing that came to my mind was despair for the world we live in. No matter how fanatical, uneducated or simply evil one is, slowly sliting and then carving another human being's head is something that I cannot come to terms with. I am saddened and enraged...
    Last edited by Psyxologos; 07-06-2012 at 01:15.

It's only what the taliban have been doing to western hostages for year's, do you not watch the new's.

Also it is ok for my son's school to ram muslim faith down there throat's and try to make them make pray mat's in re I dont think so.

Except when it came to the christmas concert last year these 2 poor 8 year muslim children in my son's class could not take part except to sell raffle ticket's because of there parent's.

I'm affraid all religions will do what they want when they want end of.

Mark.
    Galloway Deer Stalking

Isn't this what the teletubbies did to Ken Bigley? Barbaric at the least. If there is a God whether he be black, yellow, green, brown, so long as he makes these animals suffer for all eternity I'll be happy.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

When you watch the film of the beheading, and you're horrified, they win. Don't watch it. Does anyone think the poor ******* they beheaded wanted his death to be entertainment for the western world? or propaganda for the Taliban? Doubt it. I refuse to watch these clips. My Ex watched several of them while we were still married. I was disgusted. That part of her that allowed her to repeatedly watch some poor soul have his head sawed off with a serrated knife stuck hung in the back of my mind for the rest of our marriage.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    When you watch the film of the beheading, and you're horrified, they win. Don't watch it. Does anyone think the poor ******* they beheaded wanted his death to be entertainment for the western world? or propaganda for the Taliban? Doubt it. I refuse to watch these clips. My Ex watched several of them while we were still married. I was disgusted. That part of her that allowed her to repeatedly watch some poor soul have his head sawed off with a serrated knife stuck hung in the back of my mind for the rest of our marriage.~Muir
    You have a point there. To be honest, I did not watch it out of curiosity and certainly not for entertainment. I have seen several videos of people dying (as part of my profession) and the feeling is always that of some undefined pain and sadness. I was sent the article, and the video was embeded. So I clicked on the play button, almost unconsciously. The truth is, I think I felt I had to watch it. I do not know why. You got me thinking...

So much for the Arab Spring leading to greater democracy and human rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker68 View Post
    So much for the Arab Spring leading to greater democracy and human rights.
    Arab Spring. We have opened a Pandoras Box by supporting this. The Islamist nut jobs will take over as sure as the Sun comes up in the Mornings.
    Nothing suprises me anymore about a Humans ability to inflict misery and murder on others. A civilised, educated and Industrialised Western Nation quite happily Gassed 6 Million Jews and Slaughterd countless others.
    Yorkie.

It's all well and good to get worked up, but get your facts straight first! The video is actually a recycled clip of Al Qaeda in Syria. It is NOT from Tunisia, and is not recent.

If anything this clip is being used by the Christian right wing to whip up anti-Muslim sentiment.

That is the same Christian Right that fully support strapping someone to a gurney and filling them with heart stopping drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_hooks View Post
    It's all well and good to get worked up, but get your facts straight first! The video is actually a recycled clip of Al Qaeda in Syria. It is NOT from Tunisia, and is not recent.

If anything this clip is being used by the Christian right wing to whip up anti-Muslim sentiment.

One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

Quote Originally Posted by matt_hooks View Post
    Allegedly! the Tunisian media, who aired the clip, would disagree