Beheading in Tunisia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psyxologos

I was sent a link from an article posted online, basically depicting the beheading of a young Tunisian man who converted to Christianity. The video is EXTREMELY graphic and it spares no detail. I shall not post the link here, as it really serves no purpose. I would like to know though what your thoughts are. The first thing that came to my mind was despair for the world we live in. No matter how fanatical, uneducated or simply evil one is, slowly sliting and then carving another human being's head is something that I cannot come to terms with. I am saddened and enraged...

Last edited:
It's only what the taliban have been doing to western hostages for year's, do you not watch the new's.

:british:.

Also it is ok for my son's school to ram muslim faith down there throat's and try to make them make pray mat's in re I dont think so.

Except when it came to the christmas concert last year these 2 poor 8 year muslim children in my son's class could not take part except to sell raffle ticket's because of there parent's.

I'm affraid all religions will do what they want when they want end of.

Mark.:stir:

Isn't this what the teletubbies did to Ken Bigley? Barbaric at the least. If there is a God whether he be black, yellow, green, brown, so long as he makes these animals suffer for all eternity I'll be happy.

When you watch the film of the beheading, and you're horrified, they win. Don't watch it. Does anyone think the poor ******* they beheaded wanted his death to be entertainment for the western world? or propaganda for the Taliban? Doubt it. I refuse to watch these clips. My Ex watched several of them while we were still married. I was disgusted. That part of her that allowed her to repeatedly watch some poor soul have his head sawed off with a serrated knife stuck hung in the back of my mind for the rest of our marriage.~Muir

When you watch the film of the beheading, and you're horrified, they win. Don't watch it. Does anyone think the poor ******* they beheaded wanted his death to be entertainment for the western world? or propaganda for the Taliban? Doubt it. I refuse to watch these clips. My Ex watched several of them while we were still married. I was disgusted. That part of her that allowed her to repeatedly watch some poor soul have his head sawed off with a serrated knife stuck hung in the back of my mind for the rest of our marriage.~Muir

You have a point there. To be honest, I did not watch it out of curiosity and certainly not for entertainment. I have seen several videos of people dying (as part of my profession) and the feeling is always that of some undefined pain and sadness. I was sent the article, and the video was embeded. So I clicked on the play button, almost unconsciously. The truth is, I think I felt I had to watch it. I do not know why. You got me thinking...

So much for the Arab Spring leading to greater democracy and human rights.

Arab Spring. We have opened a Pandoras Box by supporting this. The Islamist nut jobs will take over as sure as the Sun comes up in the Mornings.
Nothing suprises me anymore about a Humans ability to inflict misery and murder on others. A civilised, educated and Industrialised Western Nation quite happily Gassed 6 Million Jews and Slaughterd countless others.
Yorkie.

It's all well and good to get worked up, but get your facts straight first! The video is actually a recycled clip of Al Qaeda in Syria. It is NOT from Tunisia, and is not recent.

If anything this clip is being used by the Christian right wing to whip up anti-Muslim sentiment.

That is the same Christian Right that fully support strapping someone to a gurney and filling them with heart stopping drugs.

It's all well and good to get worked up, but get your facts straight first! The video is actually a recycled clip of Al Qaeda in Syria. It is NOT from Tunisia, and is not recent.

If anything this clip is being used by the Christian right wing to whip up anti-Muslim sentiment.

Allegedly! the Tunisian media, who aired the clip, would disagree

Neil, my point precisely.

Vipa, I've not looked at the clip, not the kind of thing that I am in to, but I know people whose job it is to research these things, and they tell me they saw this video several years ago.

What the Tunisian media think is outwith my experience, but it wouldn't be setting a new precedent for the media to get something very wrong!

I'm always wary on a Shooting website to become involved in what the anti's could point at as bigoted or racist comments. That said it hasn't happened yet.

What I will say is that no religion urges it's faithful to this kind of act.

No religion believes in a God that will torment souls for eternity either. That's what happens when we turn away from being good.

Funnily enough nearly every mainstream religion has the same core values. To be better people and help each other.

This kind of action has nothing to do with religion. It goes into a long list of horrific acts performed under the pretence of religion by evil and misguided people.

I've previously worked in a Muslim environment for many years and the one thing you learn is that they absolutely believe that their view of the world and religion is 100% correct and most importantly will not entertain another view. This is why young men and women are willing to blow themselves up in the name of that religion, they have no fear of death and believe that they are going straight to Paradise. That is why they think it right to campaign to have mosques in Christian countries but there is no possibility whatsoever of there being a church or other Christian place of worship in Saudi Arabia. The only place you can get married with a Christian service in some Middle East countries is in the British Embassy with a lay preacher who is in the country working in another job. Having said that, what is not often appreciated is that in several Muslim countries there are significant populations of other religions who live in relative harmony with each other and this includes Jordan, Lebanon, and Iraq where there are large Christian populations. I know many will say that there is fighting in many of these countries but the fighting is as likely to be tribal or between different factions of Muslims as between Muslims and Christians (or another religious group).

I feel sorry for the young Tunisian of course but I'm almost certain that he knew the likely consequences depending on how extreme the interpretation and implementation of Sharia law is in Tunisia. As far as the UK goes I do not object to any religion worshipping any way they want to but they have to accept that this is a Christian country and I strongly disapprove of the current fashion not to upset other religions but not calling Christmas by its proper name, you try asking a Muslim country to call Eid al Fitr something else to avoid upsetting Christians.

This is why young men and women are willing to blow themselves up in the name of that religion, they have no fear of death and believe that they are going straight to Paradise.

This seems like an extremely naive view of the Islamic faith, I'm sure you don't mean that every young Muslim is willing to become a suicide bomber, in fact the people you describe are in a very small minority of extremists.
In my mind, I cannot differentiate between a Muslim extremist and a Protestant or Catholic extremist.

I'm always wary on a Shooting website to become involved in what the anti's could point at as bigoted or racist comments. That said it hasn't happened yet.

What I will say is that no religion urges it's faithful to this kind of act.

No religion believes in a God that will torment souls for eternity either. That's what happens when we turn away from being good.

Funnily enough nearly every mainstream religion has the same core values. To be better people and help each other.

This kind of action has nothing to do with religion. It goes into a long list of horrific acts performed under the pretence of religion by evil and misguided people.

Some very interesting replies and views but i pick up on the two pragraphs above are Dotors not supposed to be people that help people and are not evil misguided people ? was it not Doctors that bombed Glasgow Airport. Also as Christians are we not infidels in the Moslem religion and to be treated as such.

Jimbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back