Thread: Oilmanjd Strikes it Rich

Oilmanjd Strikes it Rich

Yesterday was supposed to be going down to the Scottish Borders with Oilmanjd for him to look at a bit of ground. Due to weather we put that one off but to avoid the disappointment of not getting out I asked him to another piece of ground further West where the weather was improving. We arrived there about 20.30 and I gave John directions to a high seat from which I have had a good few roe. I watched him wander off down a ride glassing every few steps and I hoped that the loadings for the .308 cartridges he had made final adjustments to the day before would bring success. I then headed off toward another high seat. Enroute I bumped a buck that ran into woods in the general direction of John's seat.
    Climbed into seat and on the second that I parked my ar5e, boom!! The distinct roar from a .308. Good I think till 5 minutes later the phone goes. "There's blood but no deer" Not so good news. These woods are thick and if a deer gets back in they can quickly disappear. Goes round with dog and in no time at all we have a very nice buck (19kg) with a malformed head. A well placed heart/lung shot but enough left to run that 25/30yds.
    OIlmanjd has the pictures which I hope he will put up. You can go back to the rigs a happy man.

What you never left the beast till saturday morning to stiffen lol Tell john well done on his beast 19 kilo sounds a good one.

Established Poster
    Ha ha ha, yes, very happy indeed. The beast is a cracker. I am amazed at the absolute minimal damage those Interlocks do, that's two Deer down with that loading and virtually no damage.
    I am glad Diesel was there, 25/30 yards away in that heavy rough would have been a hard slog to get the Deer if he wasn't there....he done really well in the trail and was right onto it as soon as he got that blood trail....good to give him a run out.

Looking forward to visit to Borders now ......thanks for the trip on visiting that other piece of land.

Here are the pics of the Deer and the malformed head.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Edited.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	420.7 KB 
ID:	16214Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20120606-00099.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	252.4 KB 
ID:	16215

Is that one of those new mozzie nets on yer head?
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Established Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    Is that one of those new mozzie nets on yer head?
    Ha ha Si, I have already had the Saturdays and Sundays comments tonight.

Well done mate and i am happy you covered your face saves explaining the John Merrick likeness.

well done jd its a good we ride that one he put u in to .good size buck . good on diesel not lost 1 yet

Established Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Well done mate and i am happy you covered your face saves explaining the John Merrick likeness.
    Ha ha ha, thought it would save a lot of thread discussion