Swarovski service-repairs.

BRYAN

Hi Folks.
There have been posts on here that recommend contacting Debbie Eagle at Swarovski
for repairs and servicing. I did this and got no reply.
On phoning their main uk office I found out that she has left.
I spoke to Christine Who seemed very nice and willing to help.
So do not use Debbies email expecting to get a reply.

Bryan.

Hi Folks.
There have been posts on here that recommend contacting Debbie Eagle at Swarovski
for repairs and servicing. I did this and got no reply.
On phoning their main uk office I found out that she has left.
I spoke to Christine Who seemed very nice and willing to help.
So do not use Debbies email expecting to get a reply.

Bryan.

Yep i found that out the hard way last week when the emails bounced back!!!!!

Repairs, be careful
Hi Guy's, got my old 8x56 back from Austria, slight scratch on the front lens cost me over £100 to have it replaced.
When the scope came back it had neither been cleaned or touched in my mind, I had placed tape on the scope where the mounts were, and it had left a sticky residue, this was left on the outer casing along with scratches in the turret covers that were not there when it set off for alleged repair.
On contacting them I had emails from a pleasant young lady Whaida Shiek, she asked me to return the item for research, saying they would refund the postage?
I received in the post from the UK repairs dept a ticket stating the would give me an estimate for costs after it was checked in Austria!
What a shoddy set up the repairs are, firstly the turret covers didn't look like the ones that went with the scope, but i would of expected it at least being cleaned when sent back for repair.
Seems to me its a case of sell you the big priced scope, then if its needing a repair treat you like a dope, get the money off them and that's it!
Swarovski promote that they are a wonderful scope with quality, OK they might be but if you need repairs then they are poor to say the least.
I'll let you know the outcome when i receive my scope & how much the try and get out of me, this time!

Weard lad.:lol:
This is no great surprise to me.
My scope took a tumble onto a concrete floor. I carefully explained on the phone and covering letter what had happened that the front bell was dented and was worried about internal shock damage.
I was left in the dark for a few days and thought I should phone SwaroUk.
No call back so phoned again to be told it was serviced free of charge. This was all very well but,what about the dent? I appeared as if they had not read my letter even. This left wondering what state it would come back.
The front bell was straightened or replaced but I don't know whether they actualy tested the internals.
It would have been better in a way if I had been invoiced for this,that or the other replaced and tested.
I now lack confidence in the scope.

Bryan.

See my thread 'Help Please' started on 04/03....... Seems standards are slipping at Swaro...

Perhaps someone who is in discussion with them should direct their team to this thread! Everyone who buys swaro does on the assumption that it has impeccable aftersales service.

There must be most of their uk customer base on here so I'm sure they wouldn't want bad press ;)

I too have not been happy with the sevice from Swarovski, the green covering on my SLC 7 X 42 was becoming detached from the body of the binos and duly sent them away under warrenty but was presented with a bill of £168 saying that "other" repairs needed doing and they will not send an article back other than in factory condition no matter what use specify what you want done.

Back