Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 7mm Rem Mag

7mm Rem Mag

Any users on the Forum...good and bad info about the calibre would be greatly appreciated...I am wishing to use it for long range reds on the hill, and in the West...ranges 300yds +...Many Thanks, Tony

Hi tony at last aome one with taste and got a 7mm rem mag. its my first choise calibre for big reds, you got a few options here mate on what bullets to use all depending on the twist of your barrel and barrel length.

Regards james

Hi Tony, its a great choice, i have had most calibres but i love the 7mm, mine is a 30" barrelled custom that weighs close to 20lb but what a tool! The Reds dont like em thats for sure. I shoot 162gr heads through it and it hits very hard. My longest kill was witnessed by my friend (a member on here) and lasered with both a leica and a swaro rangefinders and it was 810 yards! You will love it, i personally would'nt drop below a 26" barrel to get the best from it.

I also use 162 grain heads aswell as 168 grain heads mines a 26inch barrel and im getting 3100fps with them, they dont half hit hard they knock the deer straight off there feet.

Hi Guys..super feedback and very reassurring ! Have put a deposit on a Browning X Bolt..that alone was a culture shift as I use a Sauer 202(243 )and a Sako 75 Stainless (308) ,but it is as new and lightly used...I was very impressed with some of the American/Australian You Tube calibre tests,with this rifle...I believe it is 26" , 1 in 10 twist but I stand to be corrected... Cheers,Tony

Quote Originally Posted by RPA 6MM BR View Post
    Hi Tony, its a great choice, i have had most calibres but i love the 7mm, mine is a 30" barrelled custom that weighs close to 20lb but what a tool! The Reds dont like em thats for sure. I shoot 162gr heads through it and it hits very hard. My longest kill was witnessed by my friend (a member on here) and lasered with both a leica and a swaro rangefinders and it was 810 yards! You will love it, i personally would'nt drop below a 26" barrel to get the best from it.
    I think you may need a tin hat with that comment, o.k. on paper but on deer, had to be an amount of luck as well. deerwarden

Quote Originally Posted by RPA 6MM BR View Post
    My longest kill was witnessed by my friend (a member on here) and lasered with both a leica and a swaro rangefinders and it was 810 yards!
    Sit back and wait for the distance police to arrive.
    I'm telling Captain - from the Wee'est of men.

batleyhunter, what powder and charge weight are you using if you dont mind me asking
    Last edited by mjjl; 07-06-2012 at 18:08.

Quote Originally Posted by deerwarden View Post
    I think you may need a tin hat with that comment, o.k. on paper but on deer, had to be an amount of luck as well. deerwarden
    yer and see Batleyhunter is knocking em off there feet oh and 400yrds+

Quote Originally Posted by tjwaines View Post
    Sit back and wait for the distance police to arrive.
    I think perhaps you all need to slow down and READ the post, no one mentioned a deer???? And stalkerboydy, if i needed to shoot a deer at 400 yards i will bet you a months wages i could shoot that deer as well at that distance with my rifle as 99% of the people who are knocking me could at 100 yards! The dsc test is 3 shots inside a 4" circle at 100 yards, i would feel very, very confident at putting 3 shots in that at the 400 yards you mention. It really pisses me off when anyone mentions a long shot and everyone on here assumes that the person in question is a cowboy and would definately wound it! I have shot over 1000 deer now and only ever lost about half a dozen and every one of those was inside 200 yards mainly when i was younger and got a bit excited. Do not judge peoples ability on your own experience.
    Last edited by RPA 6MM BR; 07-06-2012 at 19:07.