Thread: Getting started (from scratch)

Getting started (from scratch)

Hello SD, probably a rather tired old query, apologies in advance.

At present I don't hunt anything more than woodies with an air rifle but have become increasingly interested in boar stalking. The path for a tyro into deer seems fairly clear but, to me anyway, boar seems to be something you do once you've done the rest.

I hold an SGC and have used centrefire rifles but not in a sporting environment. I'm not seeing much in the Opportunities section for novices so any suggestions as to the best way to get into it would be appreciated

Bob..

Bob

Taking paid days is a good way to start and something I try to do myself at least once a year. Another angle to look at is getting your DSC I, via BDS or another training provider.

http://www.bds.org.uk/course_dates.html

Good luck. JCS

once you make a few contacts and friends in that field you will get plenty of oppertunity to stalk boar , try it first , get some addvice of the regular boar stalkers as to what equipment you need the do your training . Try before you buy

Thanks guys.

There aren't any shortcuts nor should there be.

DSC1 looks like a good idea for sure. I think the most important thing I need to do is get some shooting in of any description to start the ball rolling.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby D View Post
    Thanks guys.

There aren't any shortcuts nor should there be.

DSC1 looks like a good idea for sure. I think the most important thing I need to do is get some shooting in of any description to start the ball rolling.

Cheers!
    Get yourself over to the MZU shooting centre in Ulm or the other one at Pfaffenhofen north of munich, Germany for fast weapon shooting training in a safe environment, they are both shooting cinemas.
    if you send me a PM I will package up a pile of boar bumpf ie physical layout of organs etc as you will need to be able to know it all in your sleep. There is no time to think when they appear before your eyes.
    martin
    Last edited by Bavarianbrit; 20-06-2012 at 08:22.