Air Rifles

hi go for the air arms 400 in 177.It will kill anything you can hit. you will get more shots per charge. i have had one for the last 15 years.good shooting ian

I had the s400 single shot in 177 and have just brought the s410 with a 10 shot mag. Brilliant bit of kit airrifle.jpg

Springers rule ...more power to yr elbow .old school air rifles take some beating and after all 12 ft lbs is 12 ft lbs

Springers rule ...more power to yr elbow .old school air rifles take some beating and after all 12 ft lbs is 12 ft lbs

Apart from the quick reloading when you have a magazine. I must admit, the only one I have left is a weihrauch underleaver and I won't be getting rid of it in a hurry. Very useful when it comes to the squirrels and the odd pigeon.

Weihrauch HW77K every time. Had mine since i was 12, 31 now and it's still deadly. Paid for my first trip to Australia with it in rabbits sold to fruit pickers on the farm!:D

S410 in .177. Had mine about 10 years now and it's never missed a beat. Reliable, accurate, consistent, feels good in the shoulder and fun to use. What more could you possibly want ?

tony you know how mean i am why would i pay for air :D? i had a webley axor many years ago but had seals go and got fed up with getting bottle filled so went back to springers have a hw80 and a hw97k .my lad is showing an interest now so may get him a smaller model

Had a s410 in .22; it was brilliant to be fair for pigeons in the barns and rats/rabbits in some urban control I do.

I had limited use for air when i got the rimfire (thanks finbear) I felt I didn't need 2 air rifles and wasn't getting rid of my old Webley Vulcan carbine. Traded the pcp for a load of reloading kit.

12 months later I got a bit of work clearing a "serous feral pigeon infestation" amongst other things (urban industrial land) thought :doh: wish I still had that s410. Took the springer + a moderated .410g and you know what... 12ft lbs is 12 ft lbs.

The pcp used to shoot 5 round ragged hole groups at 30m, the springer is more like 3/4" but
C. 100 shots in that day, no need to refill, 1/4 of the cost + lifetime of use.

I think you pays your money and takes your choice.

Btw... the moddy .410 was just the job to reach the pigeons other pest control tools won't reach. It was successfully knocking them down from the rafters of a 50m tall shed (no damage to brickwork) subsonic 3" magnums #6 shot.

Back