Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Invitation to tender for the supply of firearms

.308win now? They went from .270 to 6.5x55 and now .308.

They certainly like to keep variety!

Why do their rifles need replacing so quickly?

I notice they are replacing T3's and Sako 85's .

Perhaps they need instruction in their proper care. Who will take the bet that numpties leave the Moderators on all the time?

Edit:- Whoops what a typo that should have read .........................

"with T3's and Sako 85's
    Last edited by Brithunter; 09-06-2012 at 10:08. Reason: daft typo omission

You could almost believe that the guy in charge has a favorite calibre, oh would that be .308??? Yet another waste of money by the FC.

The way I read it they are looking to actually buy Tikka's and Sako's?

correct.
    but what a cracking name of the lady in charge!
    "Sian Fullylove"

wonder what they do with all the old ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Why do their rifles need replacing so quickly?

I notice they are replacing T3's and Sako 85's .

Perhaps they need instruction in their proper care. Who will take the bet that numpties leave the Moderators on all the time?
    Becaue they use them a lot and no they do not leave the moderators on them!

I think they are well aware of how to maintain their rifles correctly. I am a little surprised however that they are continuing to use the T8 as I understood that they were looking at alternatives due to problems with corrosion but as they put a limited life on them corrosion shouldn't present too much of a problem.
    I believe the choice of .308 is due to the pressence of boar in some areas mainly the FOD.
    Last edited by 8x57; 09-06-2012 at 08:36.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by AllThingsShooting View Post
    This has been on their website for a few weeks now. You had to show interest over two days ago, and if you were going to tender it had to be either sent through the post or delivered by hand, they will not accept emails or fax. I would say unless you were delivering the tender by hand the postal option would arrive late....

What do they do with the old ones?
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Becaue they use them a lot and no they do not leave the moderators on them!

I think they are well aware of how to maintain their rifles correctly. I am a little surprised however that they are continuing to use the T8 as I understood that they were looking at alternatives due to problems with corrosion but as they put a limited life on them corrosion shouldn't present too much of a problem.
    I believe the choice of .308 is due to the pressence of boar in some areas mainly the FOD.
    Hmmm well The old BSA 1st pattern Monarch that became the donor for the 280 AI project was I believe an ex FC rifle. That was the tale told by the dealer I got it from he got it from an auction. I gave 25 for it as I didn't have a 1st Pattern Monarch at the time and frankly it was in shocking condition. There was no blacking left on the barrel and live rust in quite few places. I rubbed down the barrel and covered it with G96 cold blue to make it more presentable. The bore whilst quite worn in the throat was disgusting in how dirty and fouled it was. So I really do wonder at the way they care for their equipment. It was not just fair wear and tear but obvious neglect..

However I do not know any FC rangers and have only ever met a few. A couple I did bump into in a certain gunshop I was certainly less that impressed with their attitude.

As for service life of a barrel well if one cannot get at least 5,000 round count life out of one then I can only assume it must be belt fed then.