Can anyone help identify these droppings please ???

Lightyear

I went out for a little walk in the wind this morning and while saw very little of interest came across these droppings...Can anyone identify them ??

Cheers + ATVB

Philip

Attachments

• 09062012857.jpg
    09062012857.jpg
    522.5 KB · Views: 368
I should add that this was taken this morning on totally arable farm with no live stock.

I have shot muntjac on the land but there is an abundance of wildlife.

These were on the margin between the wheat field and the hedge row.

Cheers + ATVB

Philip

If I'm not mistaken, there looks like a muntjac slot in the top right of the picture?
Some might see that as a bit of a clue?!:norty:
MS

Muntjac - Thank you Mr Monkey Spanker

Not the best picture (old mobile phone)

I had not seen any droppings on this ground before. Plenty of slots and as I had mentioned I have shot Muntjac here as well....Just really did not know if these were from that lovely little deer or not ??

Cheers + ATVB

Philip

Attachments

• 09062012858.jpg
    09062012858.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 79
Difficult to be exact without some kind of scale, but munty slots are generally about the size of a 20p piece and the outside edges are very pronounced on harder ground. Their dropping tend to be quite dark compared to roe and are normally in small piles of single pellets but can be as seen in your photo depending upon particular animal and diet. There aren't too many Roe around Colchester area either.
MS

it looks to me like the lesser spotted lump dumper, but they are ormaly only found on the isle of white......:D:rofl:

paul

Back