Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sauer 202 action - worth anything?

Regular Poster

Sauer 202 action - worth anything?

I've just bought a Sauer 202 Outback, approx 5 years old, because I want the .22-250 barrel, bolt and, most importantly, the synthetic stock to go on my 202 Elegance so I'm not knocking around the walnut when out foxing. The upshot is that the action, minus the bolt, is surplus to requirements. So my question - is the action worth anything?

Quote Originally Posted by gaza916 View Post
    I've just bought a Sauer 202 Outback, approx 5 years old, because I want the .22-250 barrel, bolt and, most importantly, the synthetic stock to go on my 202 Elegance so I'm not knocking around the walnut when out foxing. The upshot is that the action, minus the bolt, is surplus to requirements. So my question - is the action worth anything?
    Not without the bolt!

Is it steel or light metal, and has it got integral weaver mounts? I may be interested

Regular Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgyrog View Post
    Not without the bolt!
    The Sauer 202 action comes with 3 bolt sizes to fit the calibre you want to use so you simply buy the bolt appropriate to caliber, so I would have thought an action without a barrel is not a show stopper?

Regular Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagdmatch View Post
    Is it steel or light metal, and has it got integral weaver mounts? I may be interested
    I believe all of the 202 Outback actions are light metal to reduce weight. I can't say for sure if it has integral weaver mounts but this is a photo of the actual rifle:

http://www.yorkguns.com/rifle_search...?stockno=53978#

I imagine that once anyone has purchased a replacement stock, trigger unit, barrel and all fittings to make up a rifle using the action, it would not be worthwhile doing.

Making the action virtually worthless.

Although I may be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdmatch View Post
    Pretty sure if it is 5 years old it won't have the integral mounts.

Can't for the life if me understand why, when you have bought the whole bloody rifle, you wouldn't just use it as such. You can transplant the stock to the Elegance as necessary.

An action without bolt, barrel, magazine and stock is just so much scrap metal.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

An action without bolt, barrel, magazine and stock is just so much scrap metal.

I must say that I have to agree that is of course unless it's a classic double square Bridge Mauser then the action alone is worth something .

Regular Poster
    I value all of the opinions put forward. I want the utility of one rifle with interchangeable barrels and one high quality scope. Hence the purchase of a Sauer 202. It just happens that buying a used outback is way cheaper than buying a bolt, barrel and synthetic stock in 22-260 so I don't trash grade 7 wood at night with a lamp and battery pack. Seeing as the 202 action is such a quality action I thought it might be of use to somebody.