Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An expected morning

An expected morning

Stalking this morning at a place only ten minutes from home only to bump into another SD member who he says , also has the stalking too. Ive been doing this place for twenty years or more and never met anyone .Farmer has mentioned him but never met him until this morning ,I knew we would cross paths one day .We had a chat and went our ways .Will confirm with farmer that all is well with written permission and everything .Never got his number but hope he will pm it so we can liase about future times .
    Saw two bucks but left them for the rut as they were good sixes .
    The problem is now that i know he is a reality will be that the temptation to shoot everything on sight may override any management plans i may have had as travelling as far as he does to the spot he certainly will shoot on sight and i dont blame him .

edited to say .Ooops he may have a thread up too

I think it is always hard work if two deer stalkers are managing the same ground. But i am sure he is more worried about your self being really close and being able to hit the deer hard if you want to. You never said how far he travels but by the sounds of it you think it is to far for a quick hit. A real good chat and work out whats to come off the ground and everything will be ok.Also feel that you will need to take the lead on this one because you have been on the ground for a lot longer. Best of luck and i hope it works out for the pair of you.

2,4,6 or more guys get together and form a syndicate and all usually works out not too badly but it must come as a bit of a shocker to find that instead of having sole rights to a piece of ground,especially for 20 years, you are actually sharing it with another stalker who may or may not have the same management plans as yourself. I don't know what was all discussed this morning but in that the two of you have posted on here it would appear to be not enough. One point I think is really important. For at least 10 years you have been sharing the ground and there has been no problem for either of you so it must follow that what you are both presently doing must work.

Not saying you need Blaze Orange or anything like it, but I would feel happier knowing where & when other rifles are on the ground.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    2,4,6 or more guys get together and form a syndicate and all usually works out not too badly but it must come as a bit of a shocker to find that instead of having sole rights to a piece of ground,especially for 20 years, you are actually sharing it with another stalker who may or may not have the same management plans as yourself. I don't know what was all discussed this morning but in that the two of you have posted on here it would appear to be not enough. One point I think is really important. For at least 10 years you have been sharing the ground and there has been no problem for either of you so it must follow that what you are both presently doing must work.
    I think your last few lines say it all mate ,cheers .

I think 2 sd members should be able to work things out if there are enough deer to keep you both happy..

ATB steve

Quote Originally Posted by foxdropper View Post
    Stalking this morning at a place only ten minutes from home only to bump into another SD member who he says , also has the stalking too. Ive been doing this place for twenty years or more and never met anyone .Farmer has mentioned him but never met him until this morning ,I knew we would cross paths one day .We had a chat and went our ways .Will confirm with farmer that all is well with written permission and everything .Never got his number but hope he will pm it so we can liase about future times .
    Saw two bucks but left them for the rut as they were good sixes .
    The problem is now that i know he is a reality will be that the temptation to shoot everything on sight may override any management plans i may have had as travelling as far as he does to the spot he certainly will shoot on sight and i dont blame him .

edited to say .Ooops he may have a thread up too
    We all seemed to get on ok but it would rankle as it is a nice bit of ground.

As has been pointed out above, you've happily been sharing the ground up to now, albeit without knowing, only now you have an opportunity to liaise with each other and it could work to both your advantage (common management plan, share sightings, share costs of high seats. etc).

You're all SD members so by definition you are all good guys , it will work out!

Alex

I am happy to carry on as we av been fox dropper if you are are ok with it,it was unexpected but turned out ok,we had a good chat and a laugh,was good to see the face behind the name,we could pm mobile numbers so we don't clash visits,atb Swarovski.

I shoot there as well,but I do wait for Dropper to leave first,because me and a paying guest as well as Dropper would be just a bit too much

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >