Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free standing press

Free standing press

I am about to purchase a press. I am looking for something that's not mounted on the end of the bench but is essentially on the table top and can be mounted on a block i.e. freestanding but for the block! Does anyone have any suggestions for manufacturers or know where I can purchase one please?

Hi,
    Lee do a tripod stand for their presses. I saw one on dispaly in the entrance to Tim Hanams

Ian

I use a draper grinder stand and bolt the press on directly, it's a monopod with 3 feet. Cost about 50 I think.

Tony
    TonyC

Quote Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
    it's a monopod with 3 feet.
    Is a monopod with three feet not a tripod?

My reloading bench is a B&Q workmate ripoff, with the thin sliding top bits repalced with a stout fixed top of furniture board reinforced with a bit of 2x4 underneath in the area where the press is bolted. The whole thing folds and is stashed discretely in the attic lavatory next to my study when not in use. The press, that is: the lavatory can still be used.

Get a cut off from a kitchen work top. Bolt press to that and then clamp the worktop to where ever you want o use the press. I started loading on the kitchen table with the Lee Turret press so mounted. The Rock Chucker is so mounted and the work top clamped to an old TV stand. Hopefully we can get the bench set up in a shed this year so i can also use my 4" vice.

You cannot see the top of dads bench as he has dumped so much on it. Impossible to do anything there so if I can mine set up it will help greatly. Have some wood cappings to cut and nowhere to do so right now.

Thanks everyone for the very helpful pointers, I'm on to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dalua View Post
    Is a monopod with three feet not a tripod?

My reloading bench is a B&Q workmate ripoff, with the thin sliding top bits repalced with a stout fixed top of furniture board reinforced with a bit of 2x4 underneath in the area where the press is bolted. The whole thing folds and is stashed discretely in the attic lavatory next to my study when not in use. The press, that is: the lavatory can still be used.
    I thought a tripod had three legs !!!!!! difficult to be a successful S.A. isn't it

Last edited by TonyC; 10-06-2012 at 08:14.
    TonyC

Or you could look for a wamadet press. That is exactly what you described.

The only free standing presses that I know of are either an inline Wilson style press. If you can find one the best I ever had was made by a company called wamdet. Long out of production. I sold mine years ago to buy a rockchucker and I really regret it. If I can find a second hand one ill snap it up.

Ezzy.

I may be tempted to part with my spare wamadet........