Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odd bedfellow??????

Odd bedfellow??????

Ex-Natural England Director - Martin Howatt looks set to become the new Chairman of BASC.

Martin Howatt has already alienated Wildfowlers on Lindisfarne by creating a huge no shoot zone,
    and accusing gamekeepers of shooting Hen Harriers is likely to become Chairman of Britain's largest shooting organisation - BASC.
    Have they all gone mad!!!

“Martyn Howat, chair of English Nature's Hen Harrier Recovery Project and regional general manager, said: "English Nature's Hen Harrier Recovery Project is seeking solutions to the conflict between grouse moor management and hen harrier conservation. Unfortunately hen harriers are still very scarce in the English uplands and are more or less absent from England's grouse moors. The police have a very important role to play in harrier conservation while persecution of this vulnerable species continues."
    I am a little concerned the membership as a whole are not aware of the way things may be going!........... my own membership is due to expire within two months, probably permanently.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Well, he's been a member of Council for the last two years. Perhaps its a bit like the monarchy - continuity in a world of change.
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

Had dealings with him through the humber fiasco, cant say im too impressed . DF

Was at the same meeting Bob and I can guarantee it won't be no hairy arsed fowler who gets the job .

Where do you shoot on the Humber? I shoot the south bank but didn't get out last year.

Whitton and winteringham when I take the permits out (south bank same as yourself) haven't botherd with north bank permits for a lot of years.

Have just been informed John Thornley & Lee Freeston are in the running for the post with it being decided by council members with a postal vote.

Quote Originally Posted by snowy View Post
    Have just been informed John Thornley & Lee Freeston are in the running for the post with it being decided by council members with a postal vote.
    I think you will find part of your information is incorrect.

I think you will find part of your information is incorrect.

Are you not going to enlighten us then ?

Snowy,
    100% guaranteed that John Thornley is NOT standing for Chairman.