Thread: dilema

dilema

i currently have a pair of zeiss 8x56 dialyt binos which are great, but have been offered some leica 8x50bn,s which are a fair bit smaller in size, the zeiss are cumbersom and heavy but fantastic optics but is it worth the 300 odd quid to change to the leica,s?? opinions????

Quote Originally Posted by springer View Post
    i currently have a pair of zeiss 8x56 dialyt binos which are great, but have been offered some leica 8x50bn,s which are a fair bit smaller in size, the zeiss are cumbersom and heavy but fantastic optics but is it worth the 300 odd quid to change to the leica,s?? opinions????
    ive been using leica 10x50 bino's for the last 5 or so yrs and cant fault them .

i have also used the same model of zeiss that you state , and again they are very very good , but for 300 quid just to save a bit of weight i would stick with the zeiss .

i jut cant see the point with parting with the gold !

i must be getting tight as i get older !

if they are truly better optically and your trading up then yes but if there not optically better and your being lead by fashion in needed a slinky looking binos then no and if thats the case and if i were you i would pocket the 300 and buy yourself a couple of days stalking some where if its still burning a hole in your pocket

No dont waste your money for a few quid. It will take you time to get used to different ones and you will always ask yourself why you changed. Dont fix what isnt broke.

not fashion led at all i can assure you!!!! going to put them side by side on tuesday and decide after that (i think)