Scope for HMR17?

daw

I'm changing scopes about and am left with a Leupold VX-3 3.5x10x50 which is a bit expensive to put on an HMR17.

Any recommendations for a scope to put on the HMR17 please?

Regards David

+1 for Zeiss Duralyt, have one on my Sako Quad - fantastic combo and easy to change for the different barrels

Check out south York shooting supplies (rimfire magic) they have some cheap hmr specified scopes in,not too shabby either,+1 on Hornet6 if you want to do a deal!

i have a £50 3-9x56IR Walther on mine! works a charm.
I took the £700 Leupold off for exactly the same reason! now sits on my .243

I agree to a point but think people get waaaaay to bogged down on the bling and not the bang.
its a rimfire after all and despite the fact that you may look at something at 200+yds 90% will be at plnking 50-150yds

i have a 1980's nikko stirling platinum 4/12x50,

cracking scope with great glass, also used to have a zeiss on mine until money got tight and i wanted a new 20 tactical, again a cracking scope,

the only 2 issues i have with leupold scopes is the old ones do NOT have fast eyeball focus rings, and i do like them on my scopes, and the eye relief is pants unless your shooting a big recoil rifles,

bob.

I use a Bushnell Banner Dusk and Dawn on mine. 4-12 x 50. Cant fault it really. Cant find one now in the UK but I bought mine very cheaply, barely used in the states. So cheaply infact it was worth a try and its actually turned out to be a really decent scope. Better than a Simmons or similar IMHO.

I think the extra magnification is a good advice ( Could even go more than mine ) and I suspect you will want a bigger objective lens if you dont want to feel you are going backwards on the image quality.

Perhaps an illuminated reticule for those long cold winter evenings? Not my thing.

This one on the bay looks like it might have parallax adjustment from the picture but not in the advert -Shudder- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bushnell-...Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item4165e78a68

Just a warning on Bushnell Scopes though from anywhere you dont absolutely trust. They sell in such big numbers in the USA that they are copied by the Chinese. passable copies some might say but fakes none the less.

Bushnell Trophy XLT 3x9-40 on my 22WMR and perfect for the shooting I do with it.

I picked mine up from Uttings £139.99

Ags swat 4-16x56 for me ideal for add on nv as well ,i've often found that scopes can be like the kings new clothes (the price is not always justified)

Had all manner of scopes on mine. Side pa, front pa, high mag variable, low mag variable.

Took the S & B 8x56 off to try all of them. The S & B 8x56 is back on now and it's not going anywhere ever again.

Point and shoot. I find it's just so quick to get on target. No fiddling around and top sight picture, day or dusk, lamp or nv.

George

If you already own it any other scope is more expensive as you have to go out and buy it, so why worry.

David.

do NOT have fast eyeball focus rings, and i do like them on my scopes

Can I ask why ? I often see people fiddling with the eyebell on the range and can't work out why. I set mine once the scope is mounted and I have the eye relief right, then it's covered with either a pigs ear or a flip-up and never moved again.

Fast focus for me as usually I shoot with my glasses on, but at very last light, or when it rains they come off.
Personally I only shoot from the right shoulder, but I know Bob will shoot from either, so his scope has to cope with
using both eyes.

Neil. :)

I have put the Leupold VX-3 3.5x10x50 on the HMR and very pleased that I did.

1/2"" three shot group centered on the bull at 96m. Similar groups at 51m and 70m but 1/4"" high. However the group at 70m was 1"" to the left. I don't think it could have been the wind but must have been?

Back