Thread: Anybody have any dealings with Marchwood (Re Meopta Parts)

Anybody have any dealings with Marchwood (Re Meopta Parts)

Hello All,

Just curious to see if anybody else had any dealings with Marchwood - Re Meopta service and how you found their service?

I emailed Meopta, they told me to contact Marchwood, I then ordered a set of replacement turret caps for a Meopta scope 7 weeks ago and they have still not been dispatched as they say they are waiting from them to come from Meopta - seems a long time to wait to me.

Overall, this has now made me decide that an S&B or Zeiss with shortly be repalcing the little Meopta. I can't deal with shoddy aftersales customer service - I'd would hate to need to send it back for a service if it takes over 7 weeks to source turret caps!

sadly like a lot of importers they don't want to carry back up stuff and simply blame the makers for any short comings. They are also fairly quick like other importers to pass the buck.

I brought a used 7x50 that is young enough to be under warranty but the previous owner had it cleaned by Paul Burke this voided any warranty it seems. Yes Meopta would service/repair/rebuild but at a cost which was almost what I paid for the scope so Marchwood suggested Action Optics whom they use this was after the scope was sent to Marchwood for them to look at.

The scope is going back to Action Optics as there is something amiss with this scope and i cannot use it as so far I have been unable to get both reticle and field or target in focus at the same time. In fact it is going back this week just have not had time to send it back. I also sent Action Optics three other scopes for service and repair and they are fine as far as I can tell. What is up with this Meopta is a puzzle.

It seems a problem here in the UK with the Importers.

It's the same with the sunshades for them, allegedly for UK customers the line is no sunshade is made for them. Yet the can be easily obtain in the US. I got mine from a member here that had to import his from the there.

I can go with them not carrying / holding stock, but in this day and age 7 weeks seems excessively long time before having them in - even allowing a single order per month.

Will bear Action Optics in mind if I need any work done on mine. Thanks.

Well the answer to that is to fit a 50mm LEUPOLD which by shear chance has the same thread. Hence I have one on the front of my 7x50 Meopta.

D

I was after an ocular rubber for two Meoptas and contact with Marchwood yielded nothing after a long wait so I contact Meopta direct and they sent them FOC together with one of their floppy end cap I had also lost.
    If Meopta aren't doing this now then God help us as Marchwood won't.
    Might be worth asking Eurooptics in the USA?

Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    I was after an ocular rubber for two Meoptas and contact with Marchwood yielded nothing after a long wait so I contact Meopta direct and they sent them FOC together with one of their floppy end cap I had also lost.
    If Meopta aren't doing this now then God help us as Marchwood won't.
    Might be worth asking Eurooptics in the USA?
    I'll see tomorrow what the weekly phone call to Marchwood yields this week............I was very surprised that Meopta couldn't or wouldn't invoice me themselves and then send them directly rather than re routing me to Marchwood.
    But, I've already re ordered from sportoptics in the US, just waiting for them to confirm postage.