Thread: Zeiss

Zeiss

Back in November 2011 my 10x40 Dialyt's picked up some condensation, a phone call to zeiss and told to pop them in the post.
    I got them back on Christmas eve, happy days I thought (no charge)
    January came and off to scotland, First light came and to my horror I could not see a thing, Light was reflecting off the left prism.
    Rang zeiss told to send them back, which i did January 15th 2012.
    I got my binouclars back 30th May only to find the was a blured spot in my vision.
    I had a close look , only to find dirt on a lense and other bits of debree in side.
    If this was so obvious to me I cannot understand how this was missed by zeiss.
    To say I am disappointed is a under statement..
    Your a long time dead..GET OUT THERE.

you should be disappointed, and send them back with a letter to that tone.

with Swaro stealing marketshare fast they really cannot rest on their laurels

Don't start me on Zeiss and condensation, however after a lot of grief I managed to get them fixed without the "help" of Zeiss, I was let down badly.
    If you don't get satisfaction next time PM me and I'll let you know a man who can !!!

To say that you could not see a thing is a bit of an overstatement. There was a slight shadow at about 7 o'clock on the edge of the field of vision in certain light conditions.

The prism was replaced and the binocular cleaned and serviced........all free of charge for a binocular which was over 25 years years old and had lived a hard life !!!.

Unfortunately sometimes in transit things move in optics and alas a speck of dust fell onto the back of the ocular lens.

This is now being sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by garymh View Post
    To say that you could not see a thing is a bit of an overstatement. There was a slight shadow at about 7 o'clock on the edge of the field of vision in certain light conditions.

The prism was replaced and the binocular cleaned and serviced........all free of charge for a binocular which was over 25 years years old and had lived a hard life !!!.

Unfortunately sometimes in transit things move in optics and alas a speck of dust fell onto the back of the ocular lens.

Sounds like twenty five years is more than a lifetime, (in warranty terms).
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by garymh View Post

Thanks Gary

I did send an email to zeiss over 2 weeks ago and have still not got a reply, this is what got my back up.
    However if it was plain to see by me, then I thought one of your guys would have spotted it.
    (I could not see a thing was an overstatement, but nevertheless the light reflection was bad enough to mean that they were useless to me at first light)
    I was under the impression that they had been cleaned..... so struggling to understand how they've picked up dirt in transit inside a sealed unit.
    We should be communicating through zeiss , not an open forum.
    I am grateful for the repair, and look forward to getting them back.

Many thanks

Garry

Hi Garry,

I agree that communication in a forum is not the best way.

Unfortunately we are in the middle of a move to new premises in Cambridge (over 40 miles away) and at the moment , unfortunately, some communications with customers are being affected.

We try our best to satisfy our customers but sometimes there is the occasional glitch.

Unfortunately you have been the victim of one.......I ordered parts for your binocular as our service department in Germany (who supply the parts) was undergoing a restructuring and the parts arrived just as we were moving.

This has all lead to unfortunate delays.

Gary.

I can only say from my experience of Zeiss they have been second to none, notably the help over time from Mark (HSO) and Irene

Martin

Just an update on my binoculars , got them back about four weeks ago.
    Everything looks fine, I received a call from Mark Kran.
    He could not have been more apologetic, for the time it took and problems i have had.
    He will look into why this has happened .
    I would like to thank Zeiss for repairing my binoculars free of charge, Very glad to have them back

ThanksAttachment 17588

All's well that ends well , EH Miff?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!