Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9.3x62 brass

9.3x62 brass

I am having a terrible job getting hold of 9.3x62 brass, any chance that anyone knows of a supplier of Hornady in the UK or at least anyone who can get this brass consistantly in another make. I phoned Henry Kranks today and the chap I talked to said that it is an obsolete calibre and they dont stock it

Any ideas with out going to the states?

Any help would be good.

Mark
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

Well, over here sur la continent, RWS and Norrma are the brands of choice for components and loaded rounds. Sorry I can't be more help for the UK market...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Try wilson & wilson they carry a lot of brass in stock and they tend to be good on price and postage or reloading solutions they maybe able to help you?.

Bob

McAVOY Guns show Hornady and Sellier & Bellot brass in stock in 9.3x62 at quite good prices. I bought some loaded S&B ammo which worked out not much more than 'roll your own' in order to get a supply of brass. I also got 100 Lapua cases when I took delivery of the rifle which were an arm and a leg.

Henry Krank stock calibres which are much more obsolete that 9.3x62 which seems to rightly be making a comeback/appearance in this country. I too cannot beleive they don't stock ammo and components in 9.3x62. Graff and Sons in America sell 9.3x62 Privi brass but am not sure if they are able to ship to the UK.

By the way I have found the S&B 286gr soft points to be very good value and extremely effective on boar, deer and foxes if you are looking for bullets.

Hope this helps.

Have you tried Hannams reloading?

Got some tried everything I could think of on google and then found Reloading Solutions. The chap was very helpful and I caugth him before he shut up shop at 9.45 tonight. Took all my details and they will be in the post in the morning.

Anyone else heard of them? He told me he had been going since 1997 but I have never heard of them. Still his website is very temporary so i wonder if he is new to that type of thing, says he will have a new one go live very shortly.

We shall see. Thanks for all the help anyway.

Mark
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

Obsolete - my arse, says a lot about a company doesn't it. It's a very popular cartridge in Europe but for some reason we seem to be fixated with American cartridges in this country.

Have a look on www.egun.de you will normally find both new cases and once fired cases. Once fired cases can be had for very little cost, this is where I normally source 9.3x74r and 8x57jrs cases.

Reloading solutions has a very good reputation and has been around for a number of years now, I am surprised you haven't heard of them. If anyone in the U.K. can get cases for you it will be them.
    Last edited by 8x57; 11-06-2012 at 22:38.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Can you not make them from 30-06 and save the chasing around??~Muir

Muir is correct they are only a 30-06 case necked up but you would have to do it in a couple of stages
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY