Thread: Where to begin...

Where to begin...

Held shotgun certificate for the last 10 years (from 14) and open FAC from 16 - got to love the Welsh licensing departments . Shot as part of the Welsh junior team in the 2007 World Sporting & FITASC championships then did my Masters at Imperial so ran the shooting club there for a couple of years and became a CPSA instructor as the same time. Interested in most types of shooting but spend a fair amount of time clay shooting (clearly). Currently have (this end of the country anyway) a 32" Miroku trap gun, Sako 85 .243 and .22 FAC Air-Arms Xtra with a number of shotguns and rifles at other locations in the country.

Now working as an engineer in Surrey so looking for somewhere a little closer then West Wales / Highlands for a bit more regular hunting, stalking, vermin control etc.

Currently don't have a dog but back in Wales have three Labs and speaking of which if someone knows of a good yellow dog we're looking for one to put the younger bitch to to get some pups over the summer. Full pedigree line but not Kennel Club registered, we've got the mother, son and daughter.

Hopefully can help out with advice where I can as thanks to the various shooting clubs I've been involved with had a pretty large amount of exposure to most things shooting related.

Regards
    Ed

Welcome Ed. I spent 6 years living and working in Surrey - lovely part of the country.
    Impressive shooting pedigree, and great choice in rifle - I have two Sako 85s, one in .243 and the other .308.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Virbius View Post
    Welcome Ed. I spent 6 years living and working in Surrey - lovely part of the country.
    Impressive shooting pedigree, and great choice in rifle - I have two Sako 85s, one in .243 and the other .308.
    David
    Why thank you - just scary to think how much has been spent over the years on it... Could have bought two Sakos for what the 20 days in the US cost me! (and that's excluding what I was sponsored at the time).

Thankfully at the moment the clay side of things is earning me a handy bit of cash - went to the Classic (now EJ Churchill Classic) on Saturday and should hopefully be receiving 500 in the post sometime this week in addition to the shells I won on Saturday / Sunday.

Love the rifle (went for Synthetic / Stainless) and going to book a couple of weeks off tomorrow to visit the highlands for a few stalks with any luck.

I booked up a couple of days red stag stalks in the highlands for August last Saturday whilst on a charity clay shoot.
    My .243 is the heavy barrel laminated stainless, .308 is traditional stalking rifle in blued steel and walnut.
    Hope you sort your highland trip out - you will find in time many people on here who I'm sure will help you organise it.

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses