Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biopds, whats available?

Biopds, whats available?

Now i've used rifles on solid bipods before with the tilt mechanism so that when out on the hill them crosshairs can be kept level to drop bambi but I am looking into a new Bipod and am a bit unsure If I can get what I am looking for. I am after a bipod that can be used in prone up to kneeling something like a 9-25 inch or around that kinda area! But I would like it so when out stalking I can follow the deer by just moving the gun without having to lift the rifle up into a new position! I know that this can be done on sticks where the head swivvels but me and sticks have strong disagreements with each other. Any suggestion? Oh yes and I am mounting it onto the sling swivel stud.

Many thanks

I'm not aware of any bipod that allows you to pan left or right with a QD stud fitting.
    I've seen one with the picatinny / weaver rail attachment and harris do a picatinny to stud adapter, but your going to have to fit a small length of rail to your stock to mount it.

Versa-pod are a pan and tilt style Bipod. They offer a prone bipod and a sitting one. Take a look at the web site and see if they will suit your needs. Can be removed in seconds as they fit onto a spiggot. Whitebeared from this site uses and swears by them.
    Hope this helps.
    Yorkie.

Doesn't work on the QD stud though but I just fitted an Atlas bipod to my TRG, I know it's not exactly stalking kit but it's quite light (bipod, not rifle) and very well made.
    Pan's, tilts, extends, allows forward and backward loading etc.

Well I have seen the adapters for the Harris Bipods that go on the picatinny rail and i love the system, the only problem with that is with having a wooden stock would I be able to use Piccatiny rail on the stock with a good gunsmith I know the man that could do it if it needs doing!

I have had a look at the Versa-Pod systems and they look sturdy well made pods but the only issue is that they are either one length or another there's not as much of a range of height whereas the bipod I can lie down in a field of low grass at 12 inches off the floor then if I get in some heather on the hills I can raise the bipod out to 25 inches high and sit above it. Going to be a hard one to sort out.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlgustaff243 View Post
    Well I have seen the adapters for the Harris Bipods that go on the picatinny rail and i love the system, the only problem with that is with having a wooden stock would I be able to use Piccatiny rail on the stock with a good gunsmith I know the man that could do it if it needs doing!

I have had a look at the Versa-Pod systems and they look sturdy well made pods but the only issue is that they are either one length or another there's not as much of a range of height whereas the bipod I can lie down in a field of low grass at 12 inches off the floor then if I get in some heather on the hills I can raise the bipod out to 25 inches high and sit above it. Going to be a hard one to sort out.
    The closest you will get is a Harris 12-25 swivel bipod. But it wont pan....

Nutty

This B-Square Roto-Tilt Bipod tilts and pans: http://reviews.cabelas.com/8815/2213...ews.htm?page=3
    after a fashion. I had one a long time ago and sold it. Liked the method of attachment to the stud though. I've had a few bipods and it's very tricky to get one that does it all. I use the Harris at the minute: Harris S-25 Bipod Sling Swivel Stud Mount 12 to 25 Black I find it a little high from the prone position. I have one on both the rifles in my gallery. I had a Versapod and sold it to another Forum member who might want to comment on them. One thing I liked about the Versapod is that it could be carried in my rucksack and plugged in when needed.

Regards JCS
    Last edited by jcampbellsmith; 12-06-2012 at 18:27.

A bogpod will do it. It can be used prone, knealing or standing.

Good suggestions guys unfortunately the Bog-Pod would be a no go for me as it's a set of "sticks" that have to be carried seperately to the rifle. The system of carrying a Bipod/tripod/Monopod just doesn't suit me and the type of stalking I do sorry. The B-square for cabbellas seems to have mixed reviews but am looking into it

Quote Originally Posted by Carlgustaff243 View Post

The versa pod is available in a wide range of heights and all models have a fair range of adjustment.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.