Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New(ish) to bunny shooting

New(ish) to bunny shooting

Hello guys n gals , i am an under-keeper at Bunwell wood shoot have been there for a few years now ,and have only just got my firearms through (finally) ,tomorrow i should be picking up my .22Lr if all goes to plan from my local firearms dealer , i have done a fair bit of .22 shooting on the estate under supervision but most of it has been at night (lamping) , however i would really like to get into the rabbits now that i can go roaming on my own and was wondering if anyone had any advice for the best way to get them , weather it be tips on getting the little sods out of the burrows or just best places to find them best rounds to use / equipment, all advice would be greatly appreciated .

T-Bob

Hello mate,

I'm pretty new to it too, but for what it's worth:

I been using CCI segmented hollow points, which are awesome rabbit stoppers, but pricey.
    Getting good results in the evenings, just lying out in the field (perhaps using a clump of nettles or something as cover) about 60 yards from hedge / bank and picking off rabbits as they emerge.
    Very pleasant way to spend a summer evening.

tbob the best thing i can suggest is blending in with those pesky wabbits so here is a link to help you on your way. sit close by the runs in waiting and you will be on to a good thing ,tell mark and rob i will see them soon congrats on your ticket,wayne
    Bristol Novelty AC308 Bunny Costume. Budget

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    tbob the best thing i can suggest is blending in with those pesky wabbits so here is a link to help you on your way. sit close by the runs in waiting and you will be on to a good thing ,tell mark and rob i will see them soon congrats on your ticket,wayne
    Haha i have a feeling they might try to mate with me though if i do that , i knew no one would take me seriously , will do . cheers

spend a little time sorting out some cover for your self nothig fancy ,for them to get used to,then go for it

sit quietly under a tree or bush in range of a warren and wait, simple as that really, or just walk very very slowly along a hedge row

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

sit out, find a nice rest, and enjoy.

Established Poster
    been shooting rabbit for over 30yrs and its different every time you go out, morning is a good time but then again the next time you go you could see nothing and then the evening on the lamp could be good, then it could depend on the weather if its raining for a few days then you get a sunny one make the most of it get out there cos they dont really like the rain but you do see the odd one or two but you dont want to be sat in it anyway, i find if you find where they are feeding just get a little seat the 3 legged kind that folds bout 3 and a fishing tri-pod always cheeper than the ones for shooting infact lidl are selling one for about 5, just sit down the edge nice and still and use .22 subs best for rabbit as they are nice and quiet no crack to em and should have no problem oh dont forget the flask of coffee and a nice butty, cant beat it..............good luck fella happy bunny bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    sit quietly under a tree or bush in range of a warren and wait, simple as that really, or just walk very very slowly along a hedge row
    It's amazing how close you can get to wabbits when walking very, very slowly----especially when you've got a deer rifle over your shoulder!!