Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nissan Qashqai anybody recommend.

Nissan Qashqai anybody recommend.

Looking to update my disco. Need something lighter on the pocket. Heard a lot about these and their prices seem reasonable, any comments welcome. Sensible ones that is? Jim

my wife's aunt's and uncles have four qashqai's between them and they all highly rate them!great on diesel and lovely to drive! very comfortable inside them.
    hope this helps
    GJ

NOOOOOOOOOOOO. I have one as a work car and it is absolutely sh*t as a work vehicle. I have had it for a year and I hate it. Dont do it man.

I also have a Ford Focus 5 door hatchback and that is much more spacious inside. The high ride in the Qashqai is deceiving. It is a very small car.

Good on fuel though!
    Last edited by Heather Hugger; 13-06-2012 at 19:35.

why do you hate them
    "Seek the wisdom of ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a child"
    http://www.totally22.co.uk

The 4x4 are rare Jim and the two wheel drives are not up to the job. Get a Toyota Rav for the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoony View Post
    why do you hate them
    I can only describe it as a weak car. Im am sure it would be ok for driving around the town and going to the shops, but as a work vehicle it is useless. The boot is very small and not much room for the back passengers. It is a very poor performer in the mud and snow (and yes I do have big all condition tyres on it). Second gear is also very weak.

All round not a good car for someone that would want to use it in a rural setting.

so more of a townie wanna be, what about 4x4 cars like the volvo all country, or foresters they any good on fuel ???
    "Seek the wisdom of ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a child"
    http://www.totally22.co.uk

Have a look at the X-Trail. Good boot, locking 4x4, newer diesels are supposed to be very economical. Very much a compromise but better off road than most other crossovers. Probably not as good on-road as the qashqai. I use an 03 2.5L petrol, getting 33mpg. Dull looks though.

My father looked at the Qashqai and although he liked the car he felt the engine let it down as it appeared to have some dead spots - the dealer agreed with him. He found pulling out on slightly uphill junctions difficult in it when he test drove it.

I have an X-Trail and am very pleased with it. I think it is a bit better suited to stalking than the Qashqai and I can get a dead deer in a big fish box plus high seat plus other stalking gear in the back with the seats down. Seats up the boot is still plenty good enough for a carcass in a tray plus stalking gear. It isn't, of course, a hard core off roader but to be honest in most places I stalk you are either on the track or sunk in the bog unless you happen to be in an argo so even a hard core off roader doesn't get you any further. I'm currently getting about 43mpg out of my X-Trail and am running it on All Terrain tyres plus I have the air con on all the time so I am sure I could improve on that with a bit of effort. It goes to the dealers tomorrow for the 3 year service which, I'm told, is a fairly big one and I was quoted 205 at a main dealer, so not too hard to service either even at the main dealers. Over the 3 years the only costs have been a set of new tyres plus servicing and fuel.

If I had to do it again I'd buy another one to be honest, even if the various more serious off roaders were an option (which they were when I bought the X-Trail) as they wouldn't get me any further and they'd be costing me a lot more in fuel alone, never mind tax and the fact that even a small main dealer service for a disco was going to be 600+ when I was looking at them. This way I have more to spend on stalking.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo123p View Post
    Looking to update my disco. Need something lighter on the pocket. Heard a lot about these and their prices seem reasonable, any comments welcome. Sensible ones that is? Jim
    Jim your arse is to big for a Qashqai ( this is sensible)