Thread: .223 Load Data

Smile .223 Load Data

Hi Everyone

Just wondering if anyone has any start-end and velocities load data for a nosler 55gr BT using Vit N133 ? i have searched the web to no avail and even contacted Vit but they
    wouldnt supply any help.

Thanks in advance

Richard..

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    Hi Everyone

Just wondering if anyone has any start-end and velocities load data for a nosler 55gr BT using Vit N133 ? i have searched the web to no avail and even contacted Vit but they
    wouldnt supply any help.

Thanks in advance

Richard..
    Well, Viht quote start and finish loads for Hornady and Lapua 55grainers. Both start at 22.1 grains and finish at 24.5 grains of N133.

I'd take a gamble that 22.1 grains of N133 behind a 55grain BT isn't likely to cause a breech failure and I'd work up from there... Actually thats not true I'd probably kick off at something like 23.0 grains +... but you seem much more reticent. As for velocities, get access to a decent chrono, it's the only way to know for sure.

If you know wht you're doing you won't blow too many primers

Account Suspended
    Thanks, will keep looking.
    Well, you can always do just that... but... what are you hoping to find?

Your rifle is unique and your loading techniques are out of the hands of anyone but you. No one can say for sure "exactly" what load will suit your rifle best or what velocities any given load will acheive.

Honestly, you have to suck it and see.

I'll stick my neck out and say, with complete confidence, You are not at all likely to have problems with your Ballistic tips at the 22.1 grain start load and a sensible overall cartridge length,

ps. I sincerely doubt if you'll get any more definitive information than you've already been given.

Thanks again.

What i was hoping to find was either load data from Vit to be on the safe side or somebody who is using this combination as a more defined answer of what worked for them.

Richard

Account Suspended
    "Hope"... That's what was left at the bottom of Pandora's jar, wasn't it? ... Like a sticky gone-off toffee.

Ok, I never use N133 in my .223. I use remington cases, full length resized, trimmed and primed and just fill em on up to the brim with N140 under 55 grain Bal-Ts. Can't recall what velocity they gave but it was hooge, since I have a 27.5 inch barrel on my .223" I never crimped them and they shot bug holes when I was off the coffee.

Good Luck on your quest and please come back and tell us how it goes, in the end. Atb~Tom

I have just looked on Reloadersnest (always a good place to get ideas (note ideas)) On the 223 section giving over 650 possible loads there are only two with Nosler 55gr and N133 - and they are recipes for their rifles only.

Reading your post I get the impression that you have a surplus of N133 and therefore determined to get a square peg into a round hole. lol. It could be the reason it is unpopular with this head is that N133 is too fast for this weight of head

My advice - get a more suitable powder.
    Last edited by PeterH; 14-06-2012 at 10:48.

Thanks Peter

It actually isnt for me as i use Varget which is easy to find the data, this is for a friend that has been using Vit N133 with 53gr V-Max, but yes i know what you are saying and have tried to convince him to use something else.

Thanks for the tip of Reloaders Nest

Richard
    Last edited by RichardP; 14-06-2012 at 11:30.

Thanks Peter

It actually isnt for me as i use Varget which is easy to find the data, this is for a friend that has been using Vit N133 with 53gr V-Max, but yes i know what you are saying and have tried to convince him to use something else.

Thanks for the tip of Reloaders Nest

Richard
    Actually, I do reload this calibre for a friend and also using N133 (25.3gr) BUT using Nosler 50 gr heads and was very successful.

Peter