spanish ibex

cwd

hi everyone
planning a trip to spain later this year for gredos ibex
has anyone had any experiance of this type of hunting ?
regards andy

I haven't but I'm going for Beceite as a guest at the end of the year. There should be some good bargains available, now their economy is in tatters.
I've hunted Boc in the Mallorcan mountains, and you need to be fit for that.
My Spanish friends tell me that there are a lot more Ibex now, and that it's not a difficult hunt. One of them had two golds and a silver in one day, so population density has got to be good (at least where they go). I don't think the terrain is overly tough, but shots can be out to about 250m.

Well it will be interesting to see if the price has dropped that much. Spanish Ibex was always pretty expensive. Either way let us know how you get on. I have seen and worked on a few over the years.

Had a feeling you might have been.

That place is the number 1 spot in Spain so it obviously comes with a hefty premium.

Excusse me but....I´m Spanish!! If you want send me a PM and I can give you an opinion. I have 9 Ibex in my house and think that can be little bit helpfull for you. As first step, looks expensive for silver one, but I prefer explain you directly by PM. Gredos North side or South side?? Main difference between both sides.

I've just been looking at what I presume is his brochure. Stunning look place.

I was hunting there in Feb this year, stunning doesn't begin to describe it. The food and accommodation are 1st class, the gamekeepers are highly knowledgeable, and know their animals on an individual basis. I can highly recommend the entire experience.

yes lads you know the place i been offered
i took the owner Paxi out for a cwd and munti last year
got the brochure and heard all about it off sam and just wanted to hear of others experiance out there
regards andy

A friend of mine was selling 2 years ago Ibexes in Gredos in his own property for aprox. €8000 . It is a well known family in Spain who only sell 5/6 a year. This is a flat price so you can shoot silver, gold medal or a monster of 240>pts never less than that. The gamekeepers known the animals perfectly and sometimes they called them with names as "the duke", "the black", "the long beard" etc,etc. Neighbour to National Park of Gredos, they receive a loooot of Ibexes during the year specialy rut time. His clients are from USA and some spanish guys. If anybody wants more info I can call him to know if they still selling. Gredos is Gredos, where lives the most beautiful Ibex on earth with the "lira horns shape", different than Beceite (we called Plane Shape) or the South - Malaga, Ronda- 60 cm is a Monster...with "Mouflon Shape". Regards,

Back