What's The Best Looking Deer You Have Seen?

AllThingsShooting

I was out last night with Mike and Dave from Jelen, while sitting in the high seat scanning the hedge line for a suitable Buck, out popped the most attractive Roe Doe I have ever seen...It was like someone had created the perfect specimen and pushed it out just for me to see.

Unfortunately my Phone was burried deep within my inner jacket so I couldn't get a picture through the binos! I spent the following few hours watching it feed in the open field, it was perfect.

It got me thinking about if it has been in season whether I would have actually taken it or waited for something a little less pristine.

Has anyone else thought like this in the past and what was it that you saw?

Ben

You be carefull now, sounds like you're swaying to the dark side getting all sentimental :lol:

What Paul at Barony does with his deer......

Not needed to know about on this forum ;). Noogy, indeed....

Stan

A wild gold medal stag came out of long grass in front of me a truly magnificent beast with a body that could easily lift his truly massive 23 point head.

A Roe doe for me too,it was the end of June on a forest track, it had been raining. I had stoped and was glassing down the track,the sun came out and out popped this Doe, she filled all of my binoculars.
With the green trees as a back ground she was stunning.
If only I could have pressed a button and taken a picture, what a sight.

Yes mate i shot it. THEN A LARGE STAR STARTED TOSHINE ABOVE MY HEAD LOL WHAT A MORNING.

25pointmassive.22JPG.jpg

SOME DOES ARE JUST SPECIAL

doewaitingfortherut.jpg

Last edited:
That is a hell of a head for a wild stag!

My avatar image is one of the best looking deer I've ever seen. His name is Francis and he's also the friendliest deer I've met.

I've seen plenty of big Roebuck heads, and some loose their beauty as they get very large, I think a smaller bronze or silver with perfect features are nicer.

But last year local to me they shot a very big buck which was perfect in every way. The coronetts were 1.5" thick, very straight and tight, i've never seen anything like it. The head was symetrical, long, good volume, good colour, perling....had the lot. I was told it was scored later at 178cic, you couldn't have made a nicer head out of playdough!! :lol:

I remember sitting out one Summer evening in a high chair waiting for a fallow buck, when a doe & her fawn appeared just beneath me.
They were totally unaware of me even though I could have reached out and touched them.
Beautiful in Summer colours it was a joy to watch them. They wandered around for what seemed like ages just yards from me.
Eventually the doe sensed something was wrong, must have got a whiff of scent. She kept staring at me but was unsure.
She started to bark and stamp before pronging away into the woods with her follower.
I didn't see a buck and didn't get a shot but that evening still stands as one of my most memorable.
Cheers,
Dave

I remember sitting out one Summer evening in a high chair waiting for a fallow buck, when a doe & her fawn appeared just beneath me.
They were totally unaware of me even though I could have reached out and touched them.
Beautiful in Summer colours it was a joy to watch them. They wandered around for what seemed like ages just yards from me.
Eventually the doe sensed something was wrong, must have got a whiff of scent. She kept staring at me but was unsure.
She started to bark and stamp before pronging away into the woods with her follower.
I didn't see a buck and didn't get a shot but that evening still stands as one of my most memorable.
Cheers,
Dave

Yeh that's exactly what I am talking about - appreciating the species not only for the great meat, trophys or controlling them as a result of a plan but simply about how aesthetically pleasing they are on they eye.

Back