Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playing around at the reloading bench.

Playing around at the reloading bench.

I call it the 25 Nagant Single Shot. I'm betting on a 70 grain bullet at over 2400 fps. It would make a sweet vermin round. The parent case is a 7,62 Nagant Revolver case. The 25-20 Winchester is tossed in for scale. I may be getting a reamer made for this one!~Muir

Or for a more familiar comparison, the Hornet.

Last edited by Muir; 15-06-2012 at 05:17.

You need a reamer
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Hmmmm now necked to .22 that would be a super "Killer" Hornet .

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    I really like the .25 for small to medium vermin shooting. With a 60 grain JHP tucked in that bad boy I think you wouldn't want much else for fox and such. A shortened 25-20 die would do your forming and seating. Easy. Going to .224 or smaller would require some annealing. I need to section a case sometime and see how PPU built it.~Muir

Kevin you are so out dated...
    20 cal is the must have

edi

Quote Originally Posted by ejg View Post
    Kevin you are so out dated...
    20 cal is the must have

edi
    yes your so right ............................... almost everything I like is old except perhaps computers and even then I only change if I have too. I really don't think a lot of new stuff is as good as they make it out to be. I notice double glazing units failing now. Seems about a dozen years and that's it in a lot of cases yet when they first came out you didn't have them failing and misting up between the panes. UVPC is not as good as them claimed and degrades and is dong so look ruddy awful.

Sometimes I get the feeling I have been born out of time .

Oh well never mind.

I still think Muir's cartridge necked to .22 would be wonderful especially in a nice Martini rifle .

I still think Muir's cartridge necked to .22 would be wonderful especially in a nice Martini rifle .
    Well! I have a Cadet barreled in 25-20 now, as well as an octagonal barrel blank in 25 cal with a 1-14" twist. I think I have a match. The extractor will work as it stands, allowing me to easily return to 25WCF.

Hmmm.......~Muir

Muir,
    is that by chance a case for the Nagant revolver that had the bullet in side the brass
    and that sealed off in that revolver?
    I know my Father had one and had problems getting brass for his one.
    Martini rifle in that cartridge sounds like fun.
    edi

It is indeed the Nagant "gas seal" revolver cartridge. The only reason I have the brass at all is that someone from our shooting club has left about 100 of them on the ground and I picked them up. They are PPU, and I know that Cabelas sells them in the city. If any of your dealers handle PPU you might want to ask. Here, the biggest importer of PPU is a company called Graf and Sons. If I go through with the project I'll order some from him, or get loaded ammo and a revolver. The guns are really inexpensive here. Full military kit with holster and cleaning rods in new condition for $140. How does your dad's gun shoot??~Muir

Muir,
    I honestly can't remember what the story was.
    Might have been quite finicky to load for or lack of brass supply why he got rid of it.
    Anyway he changed it for an early swiss army luger in 7.63, that he enjoys more.
    edi