Thread: Thread protector

Thread protector

OK. So just had my lovely rifle screw cut and he did a brillaint job and even made me a thread protector

So the question is ... do you use it. I know enough not to store my rifle with the mod on - but do you put the protector on every time?

I would guess this would be for the people with rifles that spend some time in the cab.....

Hi, I have mine on until I am taking the rifle out and would say always use it, as a thread can easily be damaged. Would be a shame to spoil the good job you have had done .....

Alan

I always travel with the thread protector on. Thats what its there for to protect the thread and as post 2 says, what a shame to spoil a good job and then have the expense of getting another done!Also if it protudes slightly, as mine does, it will offer a little more protection to the crown should it take a knock.

Doesn't cost anything to put it on each time mod comes off, but cost a lot if you damage it by not putting it on!

SD Regular
    Absolutely use it. Not only for protection, but it keeps the thread and crown clean too.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    Absolutely use it. Not only for protection, but it keeps the thread and crown clean too.
    ^ this

got a job lot of five 1/2" UNF ones that sit on all my barrels