Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: climbing stands / tree pegs

climbing stands / tree pegs

Whilst watching a monster bucks DVD i noticed that some of the hunters use pegs to climb trees like this

here

And also moveable seats which can be attached to trees when you arrive like this

here

Does any body have any experience of these and does any body know where such items can be bought in the UK?

Cheers

David

I have a climbing seat that I use for testing new high seat locations. It is also used where I feel that a permanent seat is at risk of theft.

Great kit - for the appropriate location.

On ground that is regularly visited, a permanent stand is much easier and quieter to use.

I purchased mine from the auction site - via a UK distributor.

Rgds Mod

I was looking to use it for areas where seats get stolen to try and reduce costs. Ill have a look at the auction site.

Cheers

I have a 'Tree Creeper' Mk4 self climb high seat which I got off evilbay about 2 years ago for about 100.
    Very light and portable. Can climb to any height but needs the right sort of tree, ie, straight and brashed with rough bark. Very comfy too. You have to climb the tree and then pull your rifle up on a rope. Takes a bit of getting used to but a great bit of kit. Might not be suitable if you are partial to a few pies though!?

Dave these are the business If your in Scotland I'll give you a tryout on it there a few benefits to a highseat, but the trees must be pretty straight

Just be aware that using the screw in pegs will damage the trees Cambium and vascular system of the trees you are trying to protect .

The cantalever climbing systems are good on conifer plantations but very limited as to other species of tree due to how they are used.

I have made a nice portable out of an extending ladder and a poly prop chair, lightweight and sturdy.

Hi I have one of the seats in the photo, and my friend also has one
    we have used them a lot in norfolk, and once you get used to the climbing its worth it, we use a head tourch and get there early, they are very comftable when you are in them.

Quote Originally Posted by deer man
    I have made a nice portable out of an extending ladder and a poly prop chair, lightweight and sturdy.
    Any photographs?

Quote Originally Posted by dusk till dawn
    Hi I have one of the seats in the photo, and my friend also has one
    we have used them a lot in norfolk, and once you get used to the climbing its worth it, we use a head tourch and get there early, they are very comftable when you are in them.
    Where about's did you buy these from?

I will look when I get home tonight, and will let you know
    If you live close enough you could come and try it