Thumbs up for South Yorkshire

jase kaye

After deciding to keep my .243 I decided to add another .270 to my collection,so after selling my old .270 and not gettnig a one for one in straight away I thought it will cost me £26,then I thought I have a free slot for a .270 mod (being a yorkshireman):lol: and thinking I don't really need a .270 mod I'll just do a one for one with the mod slot for a rifle,it'll save me £26,so paperwork filled in last Friday night and in the post Saturday morning,expecting a three week wait,imagine my suprise when it landed on the mat this morning(exactly one week after posting),and best of all they've gave me a slot for a .270 rifle and my original .270 mod slot back:pso now I have a free slot for .270 rifle,.270 sound moderator and conditioned exactly same as my .243 Ground game,vermin,deer and fox,so a big thumbs up for South Yorkshire Firearms Licensing.
Jase.

Jase

I too have always had excellent service from South Yorkshire firearms licensing! I hope they keep it up!!!

steve

well they dint impress me got mine back friday after twelve weeks an nine quid for the replacement wen they lost it!

I too was very impressed with them, last year when I sent my FAC application in they had it all sorted within 6 weeks. Although I did ring them weekly for updates to see what was happening.

Sent a variation form with the cheque stapled to it for a 243 mod three weeks ago and heard nothing to date. Barrell been shortened re-crowned mod ordered and delivered to local gunsmith, just waiting for the paperwork now or the call telling me I haven't included the payment or filled something in wrong.So sorry but am not really impressed.

I'm just wondering how many S.Yorks lads go through their FEO ,or deal direct with the lasses in the office?

I'm just wondering how many S.Yorks lads go through their FEO ,or deal direct with the lasses in the office?

I used to ring and ask for Linda Saynor who I found to be very good and aproachable on different matters however was told last week by a north yorks counterpart she's retired.

I used to ring and ask for Linda Saynor who I found to be very good and aproachable on different matters however was told last week by a north yorks counterpart she's retired.

Yes she retired last year,it's now Lynne Whittaker who's in charge and I find she's also approachable and very clued up.
Jase.

Yes she retired last year,it's now Lynne Whittaker who's in charge and I find she's also approachable and very clued up.
Jase.

Thanks for that I'm getting ****ed off now so I'll be giving her a ring in the very near future, always better to have a name me thinks :thumb:

Have just rung s/y firearms and after waiting 2 hours for the lady I asked for to ring back,I rang them again to be finally told after 4 weeks already my variation will take another two weeks, so thumbs up I think not. :doh:

You do seem to be getting a unusually raw deal,have you done something to **** them off?(back to the bottom of the pile for you sunshine):rofl: mine was back in exactly one week with an extra slot for a mod(which I hadn't asked for)and free of charge even though it was about a month after I'd sold my previous rifle.

If they weren't ****ed off with me before the second call I can safely assume they are now, 4 to 6 weeks for a straight forward variation for a mod is bordering on, well you draw your own conclusion. :banghead:

Hi Snowy

If you want I think I have Lynn's direct number so if she does not answer you can leave a voice mail. She is very clued up on the firearms side of things. God help you if you get Mary :doh:

I will PM you the number if you want it mate.

Wayne

Yes pls Wayne got Joanne as Lynn failed to ring me back as promised, although it maybe a little late and more damage limitation now as I was well ****ed off and left them in no doubt of my feelings ( not always the wisest way ) but a bit long in the tooth to change my ways now.

Lynn has been working in the Firearms licensing department since i can remember.. i reckon about 13 years or more!, she is indeed very approachable and clued up, But certainly has her work cut out filling Mrs Saynors shoes!!

Back