Thread: Another Boar

Another Boar

I had two friends over on Roe for a couple of days, the wet weather was making the stalking
    a bit miserable so we decided to sit out in a seat for boar on the last evening, Richard going
    alone and me and John in another seat . Ive been trying to get on a big single male that visits
    my feeding areas but the last outing resulted in a 50kg male being taken (by weeman last week)
    so we hoped to see him this time , we got into the seat at 8.45pm , john got his kit ready a
    Browning 9.3x73R fitted with a zeiss scope for running pigs , good gear for the job i was praying
    a male would turn -up
    It was wet and windy , good conditions for us we were able to talk very quietly as the feed station is
    60m from the seat ,at 9.30 i saw a movement and signalled to John not to move , slowly it got closer
    i could see it was a single boar but had to be sure it was male , he walked around the area for 4 or 5 minutes
    from side to side , John had the bead on him the whole time and would take the shot as soon as i said ok
    I got a good side on look through the bins at him and John got the nod , i left it to him then to decide when
    The next few steps brought him broadside on and John took the shot , dead on the spot (as expected)
    John has done numerous trips abroad on running boar and told me after he,d found this outing more exciting
    than anything he had done before because we watched him for so long before shooting
    Anyway i,m up for a go at running boar sometime to compare for myself , we didnt get the big lad im after but still
    a great night with my mates and a 45kg boar hung in the larderClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0038.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	16481
    Zeiss Pro Stalker and Agent for Starlght Night Vision

i didnīt know that there was wild boar in england?? is it only in some parts of england or all over???

Quote Originally Posted by MrSinning View Post
    i didnīt know that there was wild boar in england?? is it only in some parts of england or all over???
    South West Scotland mate.

Colin, great job, I'm sorry now, I that didn't take a chance on the Boar, but there's always next time!!
    Kev.

Nice choice of rifle and a good boar calibre, even if it was only a samll one.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

It does look very small in the pic I would have loved a shot with the 9.3 but have
    a damaged shoulder so couldnt but hopefully on his next visit
    2 boar outta 2 outings pretty good tho/

awesome, boooom

Well done Colin and to the stalker.

Yet again that big male seems a very intelligent one and knows how to avoid.

Great ratios like you mentioned you have every right to brag.

The boar is going down a treat in the weeman house hold.

Cheers Weeman

Hope it didnt come across as bragging Martin , just quite pleased with the last few outings
    I put a lot of time in to the boar shooting so pleased when i get a good result and happy clients