Thread: Replacement trigger for Howa 1500

Replacement trigger for Howa 1500

Thinking about adding an after,market trigger to my Howa 1500. Thought Id see if anyone had one for sale before I buy a new Rifle basix or similar trigger.

Rifle basix is an excellent trigger for the money mate!
    I got the 1.5-4lb one from here (100):
    http://www.rimfiremagic.co.uk/trigger_kits.html
    Comes set at 2.5lbs which I found perfect. One screw to replace it in seconds.
    Transformed the rifle!
    MS

I have a Rifle Basix one, I can't recommend it if you want a functional safety. With the safety on, if you press the trigger hard enough it will fire, therefore I wouldn't put it on a stalking rifle.

If you want mine, make me an offer!

(This is the Howa version, I have a remington version that is fine)

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    I have a Rifle Basix one, I can't recommend it if you want a functional safety. With the safety on, if you press the trigger hard enough it will fire, therefore I wouldn't put it on a stalking rifle.

Surely there must be something wrong with that one mate? Obviosly needs to have a fuctional safety.

That' can be right mate, you should send it back. I certainly wouldn't be looking to sell it as it is clearly dangerous! I reckon the manufacturer would be interested to hear about it and probably put it right or replace, even if out of warranty as it is potentially a serious flaw?
    Mine was fine and I did give it a good pull and a couple of hard smacks on the floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post

Why don't you buy a timmey from the states I brought one for my
    Vanguard couple of years back great trigger and 3 position safety

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    That' can be right mate, you should send it back. I certainly wouldn't be looking to sell it as it is clearly dangerous! I reckon the manufacturer would be interested to hear about it and probably put it right or replace, even if out of warranty as it is potentially a serious flaw?
    Mine was fine and I did give it a good pull and a couple of hard smacks on the floor.
    It looks like a design flaw to me: I've been meaning to complain, but haven't got round to it. It's only dangerous if you expect the safety not to budge at all, so for target shooting say it wouldn't be a problem. For a safety catch, I expect the trigger to break before firing. I'm not particularly trying to sell it, I've written it off, but if someone still wants it, despite its flaw I'll sell it.

I suggest you check yours: give it a *really* good pull and you might find the safety catch disengages.