KAHLES BINOCULARS, 8X42 your views!

Rotwild

Hi Chaps

Looking to buy new pair of bins and the Kahles are within my budget and wondering if anyone as first hand experience with the KAHLES BINOCULARS, 8X42

Atb

A mate of mine in Sweden swears by his. They are a nice size and fit very well in the hand. I borrowed them for a while and would say that they were as good as my 8x56 Schmitt in the failing light (so pretty good). good value as far as i'm concerned.

Ezzy

Hi Chaps

Looking to buy new pair of bins and the Kahles are within my budget and wondering if anyone as first hand experience with the KAHLES BINOCULARS, 8X42

Atb

Stalkingon a student budget meant that my first pair of bins were my father’s old Zeissjena 8*32. A Stalking companion offered me a second hand pair of the aforementionedabout 5 years ago and given the price compared to the increase spec of what I wasusing I jumped at the chance. They haveserved me well since then and whilst more expensive brands might give you an extracouple of minutes, these have been perfectly good in levels of light that I amcomfortable shooting at. Mine have started to get a bit tatty so am consideringsaving up for a new pair and would definitely go for them again given theprice/quality ratio when compared to the more expensive bins where you arepaying double to price for only a fractional improvement in performance.

Regards

Mike

The Kahles I have used in Finland were good, high quality, in the top league where what suits your particular vision decides what is best.

Bob

kahles 10x42.
i've used these for over 2 year's now,
there up there with the best and being
austrian made the build quality is excellent.
atb,
fbrad

Rotwild,

I have a pair of 10 x 42 Kahles bins. I'm very pleased with them. They combine well with my 8 x 56 S&B scope. At dusk, the bins lose clarity just before the scope, so I know that if I can see a beast through the bins a shot is on.

If I was buying again, I'd probably go for the 8 x 42s. I'm not sure that for the stalking I do the extra 2 x is a significant advantage. I think the 8 x 42's would squeeze a few extra minutes out at dusk and so would be a slightly better choice.

I'm near Burton. You're welcome to have a look through mine if you'd like to.

Mine were an ex - demo pair bought from McLeods of Tain. If you decide to get a pair it would be worth a call to Mcleods to see what they've got in stock. They can often do a good deal.

Cheers,

Bob

had mine 4 yrs now very good for the money got mine new £550 .will get a scope when i need to replace or get a new rifle
ATB
norma

ps 8x42's

I have a pair of 10x42 and think they are great. I got them from Macleods of Tain, I tried them against all the others in the shop and to my eyes they were just the job, they seem to find deer OK.

John

Hi Chaps

Atb

Hi, I have a pair of the Kahles 8x42 and they are fantastic. I had the option of some Zeiss 8x56 bins and dumped them on the basis that the Kahles were way better in image quality, much the same as JAYB found, and also much more functional owing to their compact size. They are built like a rock too. I belive that Kahles are the oldest bin manufacturer in europe, I have also heard it said that Kahles supply glass to the other 3 too.
I have a 3-12 x52 Zeiss Diavari on my deer rifle and I find the kahles work a treat alongside and compared to them. 8x42 Kahles all the way mate.
Nice choice.

Back