Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 25-06 and vxl scope

25-06 and vxl scope

I have for sale my shr 970 alpine 25-06 and vxl 6.5-20x56 with fine reticle for sale. The rifle is just over a year old and in very good condition threaded for 1/2" unf. I hve 2 proven loads for the rifle 1 shoots 3 shot 1 hole groups when I hold it steady enough and the other load .25" groups brass, dies etc are included. The scope is 1 year old cost me over £900 new. I will accept £1k for both or £650 for the scope and £500 for the rifle plus postage. If interested please contact myself via pm please.

cheers
    nutty

For anybody that is not familiar with these rifles they are top quality made in Sweden, they are right up there with the best from Europe, think of at least Sako.

Three locking lugs on the bolt, steel detachable magazine, the receiver is machined for Weaver bases, fluted barrel, and Teflon coated, top guns.

Best of luck with your sale now if I could just find space for a 25-06.

Best rgds

Tahr

Cheers Tahr, I know you like it mate

cheers
    nutty

Here are some photos for those who are interested.

cheers
    nutty

pedantic

Thar,
    Sorry to be pedantic but SHR stands for Swiss Hunting Rifle. not a scandinavian in sight.

made by SIG Arms who now focus on Blaser and Sauer.

Ilfraton coutings on floating /fluted barrel and very accurate indeed.

loverly smooth bolt action rifle

how do know all this????? cos i got one in 308

Thanks for putting me right there Dan, I am no expert on these, but when I had one in my hands I recognised a good piece of kit all the same.

Switch barrel as well are they not?

Best grds

Tahr

The SHR is a switch barrel however getting barrels I would is pretty impossable as they stopped making this rifle some time ago.

I had one of these in 6.5x55 and they are fantastic, superbly built and accurate, which was to its demise...!

They obviously stopped making the SHR because it was a better rifle than the Sauer and half the price...

Anyone wanting a top notch rifle buy the SHR because they are the dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by Jager SA
    The SHR is a switch barrel however getting barrels I would is pretty impossable as they stopped making this rifle some time ago.
    I wouldn’t of thought it too difficult to get a aftermarket barrel machined by a good gunsmith to fit the SHR, I believe there are some good reasonably priced ones coming from Europe soon.

Best rgds

Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Thar
    I wouldn’t of thought it too difficult to get a aftermarket barrel machined by a good gunsmith to fit the SHR, I believe there are some good reasonably priced ones coming from Europe soon.

Best rgds

Tahr
    Would these be Bergara Barrels by any chance?