Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Cronograph

Which Cronograph

I want to buy a chronograph and was wondering which are the best buy and what other SD members recommend. Also what lighting kit to use when used in indoor tunnel ranges.

Jimbo
    Last edited by Jimbo 30 06; 18-06-2012 at 16:30.

Jimbo,

(Groan)

This is one of those endlessly recurring questions on SD. It's in good company with (which?) moderator/rifle/calibre/ammo brand/bullet weight/case brand/reloading press........... and this is nowhere near the full list of repetitive queries. Perhaps this is the feature of SD which others call 'cyclical', but can be a bit of a pain to others.

Follow the search link below, and you'll find umpteen posts on this. If you have tried a search without a result, the subject in your title is mis-spelt.

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...earchid=509361

Hope this helps.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Oehler 35

Jimbo,

And in the indoor tunnel range why would you need lighting?

Only the target area is lit (as well as the shooting point ) with the tunnel being dark.

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo 30 06 View Post
    I want to buy a chronograph and was wondering which are the best buy and what other SD members recommend. Also what lighting kit to use when used in indoor tunnel ranges.Jimbo
    If you lived anywhere near me you could look at my chronograph and see how good or otherwise it is.
    Mines a CED Millenium.

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    If you lived anywhere near me you could look at my chronograph and see how good or otherwise it is.
    Mines a CED Millenium.
    I have a CED Millenium and it always reads low, i have compared it back to back with 3 other chronos and it reads between 200-300fps low, i have contacted CED and they dont want to know, i wont be buying another one.

Ian.

Ian, are you sure its not the pathetic velocities your girlie 257 Bob gives you and not the Chrono? .

On a serious note i have a CED and it has been fine. I would like the Infra Red lighting at some time.

Yorkie.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    I have a CED Millenium and it always reads low, i have compared it back to back with 3 other chronos and it reads between 200-300fps low, i have contacted CED and they dont want to know, i wont be buying another one.Ian.
    Now that is worth knowing, thanks for that.
    I am in the middle of working out some loads for my 16" barrelled .308 and have been getting 2500 -ish but wanted 2600-ish so perhaps my first batch of reloads would have been OK.
    Today I used some faster powder and got my magic figure of 2650 so perhaps I have something like a super duper load at last, it is certainly accurate enough so I'll leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    Jimbo,

(Groan)

This is one of those endlessly recurring questions on SD. It's in good company with (which?) moderator/rifle/calibre/ammo brand/bullet weight/case brand/reloading press........... and this is nowhere near the full list of repetitive queries. Perhaps this is the feature of SD which others call 'cyclical', but can be a bit of a pain to others.

Follow the search link below, and you'll find umpteen posts on this. If you have tried a search without a result, the subject in your title is mis-spelt.

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...earchid=509361

Hope this helps.
    Tried your quick link but it did not respond and yes i know i made a spelling mistake in the title but could not correct it after posting but note thread is spelt correct.

Jimbo

Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    Jimbo,

And in the indoor tunnel range why would you need lighting?

Only the target area is lit (as well as the shooting point ) with the tunnel being dark.

Stan
    Due to the bench position the chronograph would have to be sighted in the tunnel in the dark hence lighting kit required.

Jimbo