Thread: variation question

variation question

I have / had two .22 semi auto rimmys just sold one on Friday questions is that slot will go when I had ticket in can I free one for one it for a .222 as long as I send forms within seven days.
    Last edited by Spoony; 19-06-2012 at 07:30.
    "Seek the wisdom of ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a child"
    http://www.totally22.co.uk

Yep most forces allow you to put in a free 1:1 variation at the same time as informing them of the sale.
    Last time i did it was held up as i didn't use a variation form, just a letter - so fill in a variation form
    Daz

Even if different calibre is that still a free one for one

Yep its all about the number of firearms on your fac.
    If you sell one and put in a variation to reopen the slot (1:1 variation) the number of firearms on your fac doesn't increase = free
    Daz

RS, the only prescribed forms in firearms are the ones for initial application and renewal, and the referee forms. There is no requirement to use any form for other things.

Sometimes it's useful for you to use a police forces forms, as then you know you have all the information they require, but if you put all the necessary info in a letter it shouldn't hold up your application. They can't insist on you using a particular format.

As for the OP, it should be no problem getting a 1 for 1, as long as you can show good reason to hold the new caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_hooks View Post
    RS, the only prescribed forms in firearms are the ones for initial application and renewal, and the referee forms. There is no requirement to use any form for other things.

Sometimes it's useful for you to use a police forces forms, as then you know you have all the information they require, but if you put all the necessary info in a letter it shouldn't hold up your application. They can't insist on you using a particular format.

As for the OP, it should be no problem getting a 1 for 1, as long as you can show good reason to hold the new caliber.
    Well Strathclyde called me and said "you need to fill in a variation form even for 1:1 variations" - they sent me one out and i filled it in and sent it back.
    Some forces will be happy with a letter.

Daz

Quote Originally Posted by matt_hooks View Post
    Matt click on the link and download the form 101 and take a look at the top left hand corner of the form - see the 3 boxes?
    Whats the bottom 1 for?

http://www.basc.org.uk/en/utilities/...6A83373E015186

Daz

Cheers for the help

The legislation says that applications and renewals must be submitted on the prescribed forms. It says nothing about variations.

Like I said, the forms can be useful in ensuring that you get all the relevant info down, but they shouldn't insist on their use.

try to get one of your .22LR replaced on 1:1 basis with a .338 Lapua Mag.

actually, one should perhaps try to get a few .22LR slots (easy) and then sell most of them and get 1:1 variations with more exotic calibres